First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
I'm guessing my 2 door Jeep qualifies as a "Small Rig". :)

I finally got the twin drawers, fridge and slider installed.

IronMan4x4 twin drawers 900mm
Dometic CFX3 35 fridge
Dometic Fridge Slide
Outback JL Tailgater

Now I need to figure out how to fill the sides, since they don't make wings for Jeeps.

Last edited:

donmontalvo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
That drawer system looks great! I've got a 2006 TJ so I understand the need to maximize what interior storage space is available. I'll be keeping an eye on your rig to get some Jeep-friendly ideas.
Update:

Reactions: RedRanger205

donmontalvo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
So last weekend I stocked the fridge, and the twin drawers. Kitchen and supplies in the left drawer. Recovery and tool stuff in the right drawer.

Took the Jeep to Rausch Creek Off Road Park, and hit Crawl Daddy and Crawler's Ridge, both rated by the park as RED, and rated 5-9 by Jeep's BOH app (Rubicon is the only10).

The drawers, slider, and fridge all held together beautifully...though I wouldn't trust the soda bottles after that terrain! Note to self: no carbonatied beverages. :P

I ordered a 5 LB Manchester propane tank, and a Power Tank mount, and a strap that will hold the propane tank and a stacked pair of 2 gal RotoPax fuel containers on the spare wheel.

Hoping to do a day trip to do a dry run on the Partners Steel 22" stove and propane, basically make lunch, and see how clean up goes afterwards.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I'm guessing my 2 door Jeep qualifies as a "Small Rig". :)

I finally got the twin drawers, fridge and slider installed.

IronMan4x4 twin drawers 900mm
Dometic CFX3 35 fridge
Dometic Fridge Slide
Outback JL Tailgater

Now I need to figure out how to fill the sides, since they don't make wings for Jeeps.

yep,love the drawer sliders, I agree, commercial hardware is way better than anything marketed for overlanders. Tough, inexpensive, solid.

Reactions: donmontalvo

CG87

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
I like the drawers. I went with a interior rack above the fridge to use the huge space in the top of the shell, I always use my roof rack and Don't take off the shell at all so it works for me, the road shower is awesome for clean up, I use a collapsible colander to pick up the solids for the trash, and the grey water in the bucket can be poured into a 5 gal collapsible water jug and dumped into a vault toilet etc. later on.

Attachments

Reactions: donmontalvo

donmontalvo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Thanks guys, I will admit the 135 pounds seems like a lot at first, but the amount of space and the sturdiness led me to cut corners in weight elsewhere.

@CG87 thanks for your service, I was in the US Army fropm 79-85.