Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Used to explore in a Jeep CJ-5 long before anyone thought of calling overlanding. Just a soft top and none of the things available today like fridges, RTT or traction boards. Just stuffed what you could in the back and off you go. Back then it was just me and a dog. Fast forward to today and I wonder how I possible get all my crap into a 4 door JKU let alone a 2 door. Do miss the old days lol

JJbyrd

Rank IV

Traveler III

Summerfield, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hausler
Member #

Planning my first trip in my 2 Door sport, I special ordered it stripped only real option I selected was A/C . The F&I guy at the dealership said this is the cheapest new Jeep he ever sold. I did it that way so I could do what I wanted when I wanted on it , my goal was / is to go where I never been before and smile the whole way. That being said heading to Mt Rogers Va, scales area in May for a few days with my Boys put his H3 and my JL to the test. Anyone have insight to that area . What trails to drive , camp sites and trails to hike?

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I was out "exploring" yesterday. I had hoped to make an ice crossing to an island but the sight of open water put a stop to that. The highlight of the trip (sort of) was parking next to another 2 door. My LJ is on the right. I don't know how the Willys driver kept his vehicle so clean. There wasn't a car wash within 10km. I hope he didn't fall into the lake!

23-02-24 2.jpg23-02-24 1.jpg

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
I love 2 door Jeeps, but I have what is basically the opposite of one

Where do you fit that Gazelle? It takes up a ton of space in the bed of my JT, couldn't imagine it in a 2 door

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I love 2 door Jeeps, but I have what is basically the opposite of one

Where do you fit that Gazelle? It takes up a ton of space in the bed of my JT, couldn't imagine it in a 2 door
You could always trade your JT for an MJ! That's if you don't mind going back about 30 years. lol. I can fit my Gazelle 6 gazebo in the bed of mine. Both are 73" long ... and it's tight. I also have a 4 side gazebo. It's a Wild Land but it's the same as a Gazelle. It fits side to side behind the seats of my LJ. Again, a tight fit.

19-09-05 1.JPG

Reactions: El-Dracho

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

@orange01z28 and I talk about 2 doors all the time. I really, really want one, but I have too many "Overland" rigs already and I'm not even sure I could reduce my minimal gear set into one. lol

-TJ

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

I just bought a 1995 YJ in October. We are heading out on our first extended trip with it to do the Georgia Traverse for 4 days. I removed the back seat to put more gear inside. GAT photos to follow…
4 days on the GAT.
Charlie’s Creek crossing.

Attachments