J

• HTML tutorial

JeepWK_806

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey fellas!
I am WK owner too. 2005 with the 5.7 and QDII, OME HD up front and MD (soon to add airbags) out back. I also built a front bumper with a winch tray in it. I am trying to get the basics outfitted on the Jeep so I can take the wife and son on some trips this year. I am a new member here so I dont think I have picture privileges yet. :) As soon as I do Ill post them up.

As for roof rack options we are somewhat limited. The rola roof rack with extension is used quite a bit for those that cant or wont drop the 1k+ for the Gobi rack. I plan to build my own at some point but may pick up a Rola for temp use.

JeepWK_806

Rank 0

Traveler I

I fluctuate between various high mileage oils. I bought mine with 103k on the clock so I wanted to protect it. I do burn about a 1/2 qt per change but it has gotten to be less after I added a catch can and new PCV valve. It hasnt had any major issue. I have replaced one CV half shaft, 2 driveshaft cv joints at the Tcase, front diff bushings. rear control arms. I am also in the process of replacing wheel bearing up front, upper control arms up front and fixing the driver side exhaust leak.( already did the passenger side) I feel pretty confident going on a multi day trip but I know that more parts are going to get old and fail.

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Decided on the Old Man Emu HD suspension. Also picked up some Pro Comp wheels and BF Goodrich KO2s. The roof rack works for now but I would like to have one that is longer and a lower profile. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm also looking into a hidden winch mount.
Hello there. Love how this looks! I bought a WJ recently and have been looking at OME lifts too. How do you like it?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Thanks! I like it a lot. It's a bit stiff when I'm not carrying anything but it's nice when I'm loaded down with camping gear and other stuff. The weight of the Hemi up front offsets some of the stiffness. I would have gone with the MD setup if I had a smaller engine.
Sounds good!

Well a week ago or so I decided to go with an Iron Rock Offroad 3"
OME looked great but I saved a little with IRO for more activities!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Kodethr33

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oakdale, CA
Member #

I fluctuate between various high mileage oils. I bought mine with 103k on the clock so I wanted to protect it. I do burn about a 1/2 qt per change but it has gotten to be less after I added a catch can and new PCV valve. It hasnt had any major issue. I have replaced one CV half shaft, 2 driveshaft cv joints at the Tcase, front diff bushings. rear control arms. I am also in the process of replacing wheel bearing up front, upper control arms up front and fixing the driver side exhaust leak.( already did the passenger side) I feel pretty confident going on a multi day trip but I know that more parts are going to get old and fail.
Fix the driver/passenger exhaust leak? Just picked up an 07 WK and wondering if this is typical for WK's or just something your dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

OCWanderer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Good for you. Building my own isn't an option and I know what you mean about what's out there on the market. I can't find any I like enough to pay the crazy prices they want.