Launch Member

Influencer II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Heibel
Member #

Started with a 4 door Jeep JK Rubicon. My build is to have a worthy overland Jeep. Get me there and back. Started with the Gobi Stealth rack for caring all my gear up top. Followed Michael's lead with the storage boxes ready to go. One for tent and sleeping gear, one for the kitchen, one for the stoves, lantern and fuel and one for the dry food. Added a shelf in the back so I could put the food below and other stuff up top. That way I don't have to take everything out of the back in order to enjoy a meal. Also have a table attached to the rear tailgate for those short, next to the road lunch stops.

Safety was also on my mind and decided I needed a winch. In order to have a winch, I needed a front bumper to handle it. So I added a front RockHard bumper so I could install the winch. High lift is attached to the rear tailgate as well along with the proper recovery gear.

Next has been armoring underneath. So far I've added skid plate for the transmission/oil pan. On the way is a skid for the fuel tank. Yes it came with a factory plate but I beat it up somewhat at Moab and noticed that it was just not that beefy. Next will be the rear bumper. Hoping that the RockHard rear bumper and Gobi rack are compatible.

Once the amor is complete, a future phase will be taller tires, a mild lift and a change to the fender flares to allow those taller tires.

More to come. Pictures are from Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. March 2016. All vehicles are welcome and it was a blast.

DSC_0187.JPG IMG_0274.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

John_Heibel

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Heibel
Member #

Just added a JCR full wrap around rear bumper with LED lights in the bumper. Wanted the wrap around so it would line up with the rear fenders. The OEM bumper would give as you stand on it to load the top. JCR provided great customer service. Added the lights so when camping I could have some light if needed to set up camp.