Jeep Scrambler - A return to factory

• HTML tutorial

difeq

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

Lucked into a 81 CJ8 Scrambler that is in pretty good condition. My only issue is I want to return this to factory trim. It originally came with the SL Sport Trim, so ideally I would like to find the factory wheels, steering wheel, etc that the owner has changed out over the years. I know there is ebay and I will certainly keep my eyes peeled, but what I am really looking for is somewhere that I can see what the factory trim should look like. My GoogleFu has failed me and I am really struggling to find exactly what all needs to be on this truck. Any Scrambler experts around?

Attachments

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
This is off the wall. YouTube just watched iamjake channel,title ..scored huge...he went to a Jeep Craiglist pile of not junk...maybe a nearby place or contact channel???like I said outside the box????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

difeq

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

That's very funny @W4P, I saw the same video on Friday and actually checked for that and found a CJ Parts collector fairly close. I have an email out so we will see what I find out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Lucked into a 81 CJ8 Scrambler that is in pretty good condition. My only issue is I want to return this to factory trim. It originally came with the SL Sport Trim, so ideally I would like to find the factory wheels, steering wheel, etc that the owner has changed out over the years. I know there is ebay and I will certainly keep my eyes peeled, but what I am really looking for is somewhere that I can see what the factory trim should look like. My GoogleFu has failed me and I am really struggling to find exactly what all needs to be on this truck. Any Scrambler experts around?
I'll get you a couple sites and pics. Hang on

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk