Jeep renegade

• HTML tutorial

Scarecrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Just wandering if anyone else on here has a jeep renegade I just got one and I'm planning on lifting it and doing a few other little things to it in the next few weeks

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I don't know if you watch Dirt Everyday from Motor Trend, but they took a completely stock Renegade over Black Bear pass in Colorado and it make it with a tire puncture. The episode should be on YouTube and it shows that they are a surprisingly capable vehicle.

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

If you guys haven't seen this before, it's worth watching. Wayalife makes some amazing wheeling videos that typically focus on his behemoth JKU. But it appears he has a Renegade with a Daystar lift too. He doesn't have it kitted out for overlanding, but you can get a great sense of what it can do in this video. It's really impressive.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

They are very capable as long as you aren't needing clearance. They don't weigh anything and with the 1.4L turbo they have plenty of power, much better than my 2.4L patriot.

Just make sure you bolt on some better recovery points or build a real bumper like my buddy did. I've had to pull him out twice. Once because it was brand new and he got it high centered on some dirt and the second time from him spinning the tires while hitched up to a trailer sunk to the axle.

Scarecrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

They are very capable as long as you aren't needing clearance. They don't weigh anything and with the 1.4L turbo they have plenty of power, much better than my 2.4L patriot.

Just make sure you bolt on some better recovery points or build a real bumper like my buddy did. I've had to pull him out twice. Once because it was brand new and he got it high centered on some dirt and the second time from him spinning the tires while hitched up to a trailer sunk to the axle.

That seems like it sits a lot lower than mine I'm planning on putting the daystar lift and some bfgs on it.im not really planning on doing any serious wheeling in it just some mild stuff and a lot of camping out of it I do like that bumper though there really isn't any after market bumpers for this yet

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Those were before he put some lift spacers in the coils and wheel spacers. Not how I would lift it but it isn't my vehicle.

He also went up a few sizes in tires to the treadwright wardens, a remolded bfg with the old style bfg all terrain... don't let the price fool you, they are actually some very good tires.

Right now, he sits a little bit taller than stock trail hawks.

Reactions: Fatguyinalittlejeep

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I think he got them off amazon but apparently they are made in Houston. Put them straight on and didn't even have to balance them. Goes 0-90 with no tire shake.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Check the Wayalife YouTube channel. They have a renegade. It's on my list to look at for next small family vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Fatguyinalittlejeep

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Avondale, AZ
Member #

That seems like it sits a lot lower than mine I'm planning on putting the daystar lift and some bfgs on it.im not really planning on doing any serious wheeling in it just some mild stuff and a lot of camping out of it I do like that bumper though there really isn't any after market bumpers for this yet
Is the day star lift available for the desert Hawk? I may be wrong, but I remember reading (on quadratec) that the daystar lift would not work on the trail hawk. It may have been some of the other items like the bumpers and such.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Scarecrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Is the day star lift available for the desert Hawk? I may be wrong, but I remember reading (on quadratec) that the daystar lift would not work on the trail hawk. It may have been some of the other items like the bumpers and such.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I think it's some of the bumpers and such the lift is on a trail hawk in the wayalife video so I assume it works

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

They seem to be pretty nimble rigs. I wonder if they suffer from a similar front suspension as the KL Cherokee.