Rank III

Enthusiast II

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Soooooo... basically I have a friend who wants to go on a trip with me to Colorado for a week... I honestly think she’s totally not cut out for this stuff and is going to get a rude awakening but we’ll see. She has a Jeep renegade track hawk and since this is just a week trip I was gonna say just toss a pad and sleeping bag in, fold down the seats, and get a water jug and suitcase. But I’m just curiously there’s any members on here who overland in there renegades

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Lots of people use smaller rigs for "overlanding". We use our patriot, there are a bunch of people building Renegades all over the world for off road travel. Being a trailhawk it already has electric rear lockers, and decent ground clearance. For a week trip, it's about as great a rig as you can get. No it's not a rock crawler, but does everything else good.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I have. We were looking to upgrade the pat, however, the renegade had smaller interior dimensions, and only bells and whistles that our pat does not have. We decided to pass and keep the 15g in our pocket. For our 22 year old son however, it would be an idea rig. I think we are going to grab a used sport 4x4 for him for graduating university this spring.