rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
Hi everyone. I will be using this thread to document my 2012 Jeep Liberty's progress. I started with a stock Limited Jet trim level 4x4 with 66k miles. It had it's original 20" wheels and low profile all season tires.

Reactions: RoarinRow

rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
The old wheels and tires were the first thing to go. I went with Black Rhino Hard Alloys. Interestingly enough they have a model called the "Overland" but I went with the "Warlord" in size 17x8. As for the tires, I decided on trusty BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2s... with the white letters of course. Size 245/65R17.

rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
A steel brush guard was next. While I was in there I swapped out the headlight bulbs for LEDs with a 6k temperature range and the fog light bulbs with yellow spectrum LED bulbs for better adverse weather penetration. Both worked well as plug and play applications with no flickering, so resisters were not needed. The projectors, while designed for halogens, still created a great beam pattern.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Looks like a good start so far.

rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
Nice! You were able to get out of that?? What tires are you running? And more importantly... you're in MA?? Where do you go off road? I have been looking for someone to go off roading with around here.

Reactions: Mathes

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Those are Atturo trail blades. They fit the stock wheels that come with the 2012 latitude edition. ,235/60/r18s? I think... And yeah, I'm in southern mass. That's in the copicut woods in fall River, pretty fun in there! I got out of the much pit, it was deeper then it looks xD

Attachments

rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
Any interest in getting some
People from MA together to meet there sometime soon? I am really looking forward to get the Liberty off road.

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

I'd be down, too bad there aren't too many places to go around here. Where abouts in mass are you? I haven't really been to far out in the western mass yet looking for off roading. But I have buddies around here who would be in.

Attachments

rujero

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boston
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Ruggiero
Just North of the Immigrants on the Southern side of the Witches territory. But I’ll drive to wherever if I’m driving to some good times with good people. I haven’t done any off roading in a street legal vehicle so I’m hoping to go out with a group of people more experienced than myself.