Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I just finished the installation of these Warrior Products LED corner protection pieces. I have seen individuals posting that they were able to complete the installation in 2 hours with the help of a friend. I truly doubt it. I worked alone and I picked at these over the course of a work week and it probably took me a good 6 hours.

When you first pull them out of the box and fit them up against your rig, you will believe that these are the wrong product and they will never fit. But with much effort (and faith), they will eventually fit. They require much force, bending and prying to get them into position for pop-riveting. The kit includes (besides sparse installation instructions) 16 aluminum pop-rivets, but only 2 holes are drilled on each panel. No pop-riveting tool is included, so you need to provide this tool on your own. I purchased the WP LED lighting kits too. The wiring instructions were sketchy at best. At final installation, I discovered that the 2" reverse LED is not flush and sticks out about 1/2". I called WP to ask if this was part of the design. They replied that was the best grommet they could source and if I didn't like it, I could always find a 2" LED grommet on my own.

The panels are 1/8" solid steel and feel sturdy. They should provide ample protection should I bang into something. I may replace the aluminum rivets with stainless steel in the future, as I am not confident that the rivets will withstand shearing, should the armor get bumped parallel to the body panel.

For 2-door JK rigs, there are not many choices out there for budget minded builders. Poison Spyder flat out doesn't produce Crusher Corners or Trail Corners any longer for 2-door JK's. I initially purchased the PS Trail Corners for 4-doors believing that they would fit, based on the reviews from Amazon. They don't. There is a 1/4" area near the tailgate that will not be covered. Luckily I was able to return the products back through Amazon. These WP corners were cheap in comparison, and with lots of persuasion, you can get them to fit well. Were they worth the money? Absolutely! And I am happy at how they turned out. Just be prepared for a little frustration- take your time and don't rush the job and you'll be fine!