Jeep jk lift kit

• HTML tutorial

Austin Flores

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye,AZ
Member #

Alright so I’ve been in the market for a lift kit, I’m not entirely sure what I should go with, I’m new to the off roading community so I’m not sure what to expect, I’m not tryna go crazy with the off-roading like most people do either, just camping doing some trails etc. I don’t want levelers I want an actual lift kit, I own a 2012 Jeep jk. I live in Arizona if that helps? What do y’all recommend?

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

What size tire do you want to run? Are you staying with stock tires? How much weight do you plan to carry? "Levelers" will provide actual lift, they just may not provide the ride quality you prefer.
Any of the established vendors will provide good lift components. AEV, Teraflex, OME, EVO, etc... is just a few, many more out there.
Provide a little more information and/or use the search function and you'll get better responses. But most will answer with whatever they are running (and rightfully so) because it's what they have experience with.
My suggestion is the AEV 2.5 DualSport lift or the Old Man Emu 2" with coils rated for the weight you will carry.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Ok, so aev doesn't work good at Baja style wheeling, try getting linear springs if you want that Baja thing... There's more to it but I don't think your that deep into it.
How's your budget?
Try looking for evomfg plush springs or metalcloak game changer.
Cheaper option rubicon express with fox shocks.

Reactions: Austin Flores
S

SubeeBen

Just my 2 cents. I have a TerraFlex 2.5” lift / level kit with fox 2.0 shocks with jks swaybar disconnects. Stock tires are still good as I only have 15k miles on them but plan on running 285’ s I think 70 x 17. As vehicle sits I can go anywhere the big boy Jeeps go. Just over $ 1k into it & am very pleased with ride & performance & I didn’t have to spend $ 5k. If your going to be doing rock crawling specifically might go bigger but all in all if your just doing light off-roading / overlanding this works great without breaking the bank. Hope this helps & be sure to post your final decision & pictures. Good luck.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Thinking about tires, bfg is still offering the 34x10.5 r17 ko2, it's not available in europe but for you guys it would be a real option.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

@Austin Flores we're running a Rock Krawler 2.5" lift and 35 series Mickey Thompson ATZP3s. We've been really happy with the set up. You can check out my build sheet in my signature if you are interested. Any questions hit me up.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Just my 2 cents. I have a TerraFlex 2.5” lift / level kit with fox 2.0 shocks with jks swaybar disconnects. Stock tires are still good as I only have 15k miles on them but plan on running 285’ s I think 70 x 17. As vehicle sits I can go anywhere the big boy Jeeps go. Just over $ 1k into it & am very pleased with ride & performance & I didn’t have to spend $ 5k. If your going to be doing rock crawling specifically might go bigger but all in all if your just doing light off-roading / overlanding this works great without breaking the bank. Hope this helps & be sure to post your final decision & pictures. Good luck.
I run the exact same suspension setup as Ben with Duratrac 33" on my 2-door 2017 Sport. Couldn't be happier. A respectable, reputable setup that is more than capable for close to anything. For example, I just took my JK through the Rubicon Trail this past summer with little difficulty. A little scraping of the skid plates, but 2.5" worked out fine for the most part. This rig is my daily, so I thought this was a sensible setup. And it didn't break the bank!

tbcota25

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minoa, NY
Member #

I too have been in the market for a lift. With the countless hours of research and watching of YouTube videos I decided to purchase the 2.5” Teraflex kit. I kept trying to talk myself into buying the rough country or skyjacker or zone kits but all the reviews were either they loved them or they wish they just saved their money and bought a decent lift the first time.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

We sell a lot of the Teraflex ST2 kit that has been a proven winner for budget, flex and amazing ride quality. The addition of the Falcon shocks really makes this kit shine above the rest in this price range.

Quality shocks are the single biggest change you can make in your vehicles ride quality.