Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

That is as far a stretch as I've ever heard of ............. in my entire life, LOL.

Ford just re-introduced a new, up to date version of a vehicle they built years/decades ago. It's called competition among manufacturers.

Is Ford going after the Wrangler market? Absolutely! And probably some of the Toyota market too.

A knock off, not even by the farthest stretch of anyone's imagination (except yours).
They're clearly not filing suit over the entire vehicle but FCA might find a few things to nitpick. Auto manufacturers manage to get patents for the smallest of things.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

The idea of concepts is to stretch the imagination of the engineers and designers with new and emerging technologies in a way that makes the consumer take notice and ask questions. To me, this is a proper concept. I would be Consumer #1 if this or a variant of this were to hit the market.

dims.jpg

Reactions: Old Tanker

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

That is as far a stretch as I've ever heard of ............. in my entire life, LOL.

Ford just re-introduced a new, up to date version of a vehicle they built years/decades ago. It's called competition among manufacturers.

Is Ford going after the Wrangler market? Absolutely! And probably some of the Toyota market too.

A knock off, not even by the farthest stretch of anyone's imagination (except yours).
Yes, yes, I know, I've had this conversation with people on the internet before, and I'm not going to even try to convince you that the features that make the new Bronco marketable are only found on one other vehicle on the market. It always devolves into a bunch of denial and "nuh-uhs" so ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Downs

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

The idea of concepts is to stretch the imagination of the engineers and designers with new and emerging technologies in a way that makes the consumer take notice and ask questions. To me, this is a proper concept. I would be Consumer #1 if this or a variant of this were to hit the market.

View attachment 176577
I would generally agree with you that is a proper concept vehicle.

However since they are assembling a vehicle for the annual "bolt shit on showcase" commonly referred to as the SEMA (specialty equipment manufacturer association) show, it makes sense that they would bolt on a bunch of shit from specialty equipment manufacturers.

Kind of like wearing a Cubs jersey to a Cubs game I suppose.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have been trying to figure out what the bicker point is.

As @bgenlvtex said this is a SEMA vehicle.

The point of it is to show you what is available for the Jeep Gladiator in the Specialty equipment marketplace.

I was really getting frustrated that I even posted it.

But...now I can stop wondering.

Complete misunderstandings.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
FCA the people whose vehicle they are knocking off.
Can I get some of what you're smoking? As stated above that's one hell of a stretch. What do they have in common? Removable top?...........kind of like the old Bronco? It even looks similar enough to an old Bronco. I guess you can take the removable door think against them but Jeep doesnt have the only removable door vehicle ever.

Even as a multiple Jeep owner and lover I can't see FCA ever being able to sue Ford for the Bronco. I mean that's on the level of Harley trying to patent their engine noises.

The Bronco brings needed competition to the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louiston

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Much needed competition.

The Jeeps have some big time issues that FCA refuses to address. Jeep guys should be excited that the Bronco is arriving. You're next Jeep might actually be available with a real engine and an adult interior.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

View attachment 176577
I'd love such a truck. In a year, the parking lot at work would be full of them.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Much needed competition.

The Jeeps have some big time issues that FCA refuses to address. Jeep guys should be excited that the Bronco is arriving. You're next Jeep might actually be available with a real engine and an adult interior.

no no no, FCA listens and knows what the people want and it's just a 392 V8. Nothing desperate about that move at all.

I say it everywhere as someone who has no brand loyalty and has owned all three, I hope Ford eats Jeep and Toyota's lunch on this one. Both need a serious reality check and hopefully, Ford will show you can make something that can play all day and still clean up nice for dinner.

Reactions: Downs and MidOH
FCA is simply trying to pull the steam from the Bronco hype train with these concepts, and obviously the hemi wrangler.
The PCOR box is cool, just like all the Aussie Land Cruisers.

I love the concept vehicles, especially the Kaiser, but I'm also getting really tired of these "never gonna happen" prototypes that they just tease a "maybe if we get interest" thing. They are just promo to squeeze more out sales. I love them, fun to look at, but getting frustrating.

For example, just make the Kaiser body already!

Really, they should be spending their money on a better standard motor than the V6. That's the only real downfall of the Wrangler.
Gladiator needs a extended cab version w/ tire on the side- like the original concept...

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Boy, knives are out on this one.
We're just salty because Ford is doing everything Jeep owners have wanted for years (minus the SFA) whereas FCA's solution is fuck it, put a Hemi in it.

Also it's peak pettiness on FCA's part which makes it that much worse. It's like that selfish cousin making a scene at a wedding because the bride is getting all the attention.

Reactions: Downs and MidOH
Once the hype dies down and the Broncos get on the road and trail, I think there will be plenty of room for both.
The Bronco will force FCA to up their game with the Wrangler and not be so lazy by just offering trim packages.

Honestly, I think the Bronco will steal plenty of sales from Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma besides Wrangler.
Maybe i'm wrong, but I suspect it's going to have more cross- market appeal than simply the Wrangler buyer.

The SFA is a valuable core feature, and probably non-negotiable for many of the Rubicon buyers and the Wrangler still has that old school, exposed fender design that is so iconic.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We're just salty because Ford is doing everything Jeep owners have wanted for years (minus the SFA) whereas FCA's solution is fuck it, put a Hemi in it.
One of my biggest problems with Jeep/FCA right now.

Instead of being like "hey maybe we should offer some off road goodies in the base models? Like maybe lockers at least?"

They were like "nah we'll tease this Hemi powered Wrangler that should do the trick".

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Put locked Rubicon axles under every single Wrangler and Gladiator. That would get peoples attention.

Add a reliable V6 or V8. Triple check QC if you have to. No killer power or anything, just absurd reliability. There is no excuse for engine failures under 300,000 miles.

Manual Trans. Ford missed the mark, Sasquatch is an auto Trans (for now).

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer