Traveler I

Long Island, New York, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Divuolo
Member #

What’s up Guys,

Mike here from ASPECT OVERLAND, we’re starting to build up our Jeep Gladiator Rubicon for some overland adventuring.

We will be launching some installation videos, review videos, and some epic cinematic footage of all the upcoming adventures on YouTube.

Mods So Far
-Lux Lighting Max White Rock Lights
-Decked Storage System
-Road Armor Treck Rack
- Rack Mounted Light Force Rok20 Ultra floods
-Lux Lighting Fender Light Kit Installed to rack and tied into the factory bed lighting switch

Mods coming this week
-ikamper Mini RTT
-afe rock badger exhaust
-max trax mounts and traction boards
-rotopax
And a few other odds and ends.

Will be testing the gladiator out in stock form for a few runs before we get ready to pull the trigger on a suspension set up, we’re still in a toss up between running 37x12.50 nitro trail grapplers or 38x13.50 milestar patogonias.

We want to see what this 8-speed auto transmission can handle before regearing.

Attachments

ric8271

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miramar, FL 33027, USA
First Name
Kenton
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Awesome build!!
I have road armor treck rack and the decked system on my Gladiator build, waiting for my stock tires to wear down to do a 2 inch mopar lift and maybe baby step to 35’s. Still got time to think. Trying to keep it close to stock.

Reactions: Aspect Overland

Traveler I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Divuolo
Member #

Curious, what’s your feelings on the decked system so far? I’m having mixed thoughts. Not sure if I’ll be keeping it in, gonna give it a chance doing some adventures before taking it out. But I’m in a toss up, quality is great for sure but I’m having a hard time justifying the real estate it consumes. I’ve built a bunch of offroad rigs, however building a overland rig seems to be much trickier because everything needs its place, has me battling with myself, you really have to think things out and focus more on functionality and compromises which I’m struggling with slightly. Love the treck rack so far, however I’m thinking if I find a way to make some flush mounts that can come up sit flat on the bed rail and then “c” shape them I could potentially remove the deck system and run the factory tonnaue cover again. Would have to be some beefy brackets though to support the weight...the struggle is real!

ric8271

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miramar, FL 33027, USA
First Name
Kenton
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

I’m feeling the same I like the fact that all my camping and recovery gear fits nicely in there but I lose a lot of real estate. I would love to get a rolling cover like the one from truck covers usa instead but the install would be challenging with the treck rack. Also you will still lose the area above the rolling cover. At least now I can still strap stuff on top of the decked system. So for now it is still a good option. Will send a pic later how tight it’s packed.

Attachments

Reactions: Aspect Overland

ric8271

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miramar, FL 33027, USA
First Name
Kenton
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Looks great!! I like the hard shell and Ikamper is a solid build. Need to get out and test the comfort.
I always thinking to lower rack but may lose some space for the wheel carrier. Not sure how much gas you will save. Let me know how much difference the gas mileage is, I think I may lost about 4 mpg with all the stuff I added.

Traveler I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Divuolo
Member #

Another update*

SELF RECOVERY!

Added some Maxtrax Traction Boards and a Warn VR-10-S Winch. Was hoping the Traction Boards color was gonna be a bit closer but oh well, they are there for function over form, so it is what it is.

I’m waiting on the winch plate bracket for the factory rubicon bumper, should be here tomorrow or Thursday, then I’ll install and wire it up, should be good to go get dirty with some added confidence.

Attachments

Traveler I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Divuolo
Member #

Not the best pictures, but it’s been pretty chilly out here on Long Island, and we went out with a few blankets in the ikamper and it was surprisingly warmer than I expected, Had our long hair dachshund, Theo, up there with us and he absolutely loved it!

Attachments

Desert Rider

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Mignardot
Curious, what’s your feelings on the decked system so far? I’m having mixed thoughts. Not sure if I’ll be keeping it in, gonna give it a chance doing some adventures before taking it out. But I’m in a toss up, quality is great for sure but I’m having a hard time justifying the real estate it consumes. I’ve built a bunch of offroad rigs, however building a overland rig seems to be much trickier because everything needs its place, has me battling with myself, you really have to think things out and focus more on functionality and compromises which I’m struggling with slightly. Love the treck rack so far, however I’m thinking if I find a way to make some flush mounts that can come up sit flat on the bed rail and then “c” shape them I could potentially remove the deck system and run the factory tonnaue cover again. Would have to be some beefy brackets though to support the weight...the struggle is real!
Check out Billie bars