Compasss69

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Javi
Last Name
Zerpa
Recently got a 2019 Jeep Compass and I want to find the right roof rack to put on it. I'm a little on the fence about the cargo basket that's on Mopar and was wondering if anyone knows of any good baskets. I plan to keep the basket on so I can eventually put up a light bar. That being said I've seen some of the builds made on the newer Jeep Cherokees and I really do like the low close to the roof cargo basket compared to the slightly raised basket found with the compass. If anyone has any idea of what would work best please let me know.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Welcome from San Diego Ca. No clue as to what racks are offered for your vehicle but good luck & by the way light bars are very LOUD. as far as mounted on a jku.

Reactions: Compasss69

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
Recently got a 2019 Jeep Compass and I want to find the right roof rack to put on it. I'm a little on the fence about the cargo basket that's on Mopar and was wondering if anyone knows of any good baskets. I plan to keep the basket on so I can eventually put up a light bar. That being said I've seen some of the builds made on the newer Jeep Cherokees and I really do like the low close to the roof cargo basket compared to the slightly raised basket found with the compass. If anyone has any idea of what would work best please let me know.
I believe Gobi makes a rack such as you describe. Their one for the KL Cherokees is very nice!

Reactions: Compasss69

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hey,

Just found your question after randomly looking around on the forum!
I've been looking for a good solution myself for a few months and since a couple of days i've finally got a solution!
I have mounted 2 rhino rack cross bars with low profile feet and mounting system that fits on the oem screw point on the roof bars. Then on top of the bars a rhino rack steel mesh platform (they also have baskets with the same dimensions!)

Here are some pictures! If you want more information i can give you all the part references.

Hope this helped!
Best Regards LaurensIMG-20191021-WA0001.jpegIMG-20191021-WA0000.jpegIMG-20191021-WA0004.jpeg

Compasss69

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Javi
Last Name
Zerpa
Hey,

Just found your question after randomly looking around on the forum!
I've been looking for a good solution myself for a few months and since a couple of days i've finally got a solution!
I have mounted 2 rhino rack cross bars with low profile feet and mounting system that fits on the oem screw point on the roof bars. Then on top of the bars a rhino rack steel mesh platform (they also have baskets with the same dimensions!)

Here are some pictures! If you want more information i can give you all the part references.

Hope this helped!
Best Regards LaurensView attachment 123273View attachment 123274View attachment 123275
Thanks!

Reactions: Laurensvh