Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Thank you! We are happy with the bumpers and also integrated the tire carrier along with the fuel caddy which helps on long remote trips.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I know they are no AEV bumpers. But I just posted my Smittybilt front bumper for trade. Hopefully a soccer mom near my area will trade her 10th anniversary bumper for mine haha. I just love the simple lines and how they are stamped steel.

Reactions: SoCal-JKU14

MEB77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Rafael, ca
Member #

I was a Bronco guy for a long time but got tired of spending as much time under the hood as I did on the road so I broke down and became a jeep guy this year.
2018 JLU Sahara
LOD front bumper
Warn vr 10 winch
Jcr offroad sliders
2" lift
33" km3 tires
And a lot more to come down the road.
20181024_070028~2.jpeg

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

What trailer are you using? And how does the JL handle it?
I built the trailer. The JL with the 8 speed is doing better than the JK as far as seat of the pants and better fuel mileage not a lot but I will take it !

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have 4 Jeeps (and nothing else) plus 1 trailer, another one nearing completion and another that I've just started. It's a bit of a mix and match and no doubt I'll be modifying things for years to come depending on where we're going and what we're doing.

I've been camping with my '03 TJ for years. When it's just me it's been great.

My '04 LJ is a bit bigger and has seen more use lately. I pull my homemade utility trailer with it. I'm able to adapt it quickly to haul our kayaks and bikes. It will also be the main hauler of my expedition trailer.

I also have a '88 MJ. It's great for trips to home Depot, the dump … and hauling home Jeep parts! We also use it for day trips when we go kayaking. It now has a factory roll bar that I'll be adapting so I can elevate the kayaks and use the bed for storage. It will also be the main hauler of my latest trailer project. There is no way I will be able to lift the kayaks on top of the trailer which I'm building for off road use (new, stronger frame, independent suspension, etc.). The MJ now has MOAB wheels and Duratrac tires like my other Jeeps (everything is interchangeable).

Last is my '89 XJ which is my daily driver. It has a small 2" lift and is fun for minor off roading and snow. Plans are under way make it more overlanding friendly.

Last edited:

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

Hey guys show your overland jeeps. I know a lot of people have said you can't overland In a jeep. Well I say otherwise and I'm sure there's a bunch more that agree with me. So post some pics with some info.
Jeeps are the original overland vehicle!

1976 CJ-7 checking in!

Randy

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Sup guys! This be my overlanding vehicle. A 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 295/70/r17 Toyo open country MT’s, 2.5 inch Teraflex spring and shock kit. Spent the better part of three years in my head and physically “building” my JKU to be better suited for off roading in general. Finally got sick of it and just started going out and actually exploring and stumbled in to overlanding! Rig is pretty set up and ready! Just need some rock rails9A03145A-5778-4A95-8BC2-D2C83F54927B.jpeg

Attachments