Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

2008 Jeep JKU Sahara. Just recently upgraded to 275/70/18 BFG KO2s. Looking at the OME 2" HD kit soon. But basically stock and just enjoy to take it trail riding and on camping trips of course. Getting my wife into the idea of overlanding and I think it's setting in fine! ;)

Can't wait to see the other rigs!

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Just a bunch of ignorant people. And a few on the JK-Forum
Most jk owners are oblivious to life and other Jeeps or off-roading lol. I'm a jk owner but dang do a lot of them frustrate me. Hence why this forum rocks. People willing to help people and no brand specific issues. Just all around cool people.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Most jk owners are oblivious to life and other Jeeps or off-roading lol. I'm a jk owner but dang do a lot of them frustrate me. Hence why this forum rocks. People willing to help people and no brand specific issues. Just all around cool people.
Yup. Met them too......

"Nice Jeep, what do you do with it?"

"Thank You! I've always wanted a Jeep. I drive it"

"Oh? Like where?"

"The grocery store, movies, work......" (blank look)

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

This has been brought up before. Seems the JK Unlimited has become the newest soccer mom SUV

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Whatever happened with the Rumors of the Third row seating Jeep model?
I heard a lot about it last year then nothing else.

wmblake

Rank 0

Contributor I

Asheville, NC
Member #

Whatever happened with the Rumors of the Third row seating Jeep model?
I heard a lot about it last year then nothing else.
I have been wondering that lately too. I've got 3 little ones and they don't fit so well with their booster/car seats. Do you or anyone know if it's possible to install some fold down jump seats on the back?

FreelandRyan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

I have been wondering that lately too. I've got 3 little ones and they don't fit so well with their booster/car seats. Do you or anyone know if it's possible to install some fold down jump seats on the back?
In the reviews a customer installed this in a 2013 JKU.

You might want to consider some extra protection though: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1032.htm

Here's another option: http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/wranglerunlimited.html#.V3Vws7gYiHs

and a great write up of a custom install: http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/jeep-jk-3rd-row-seat-write-up-220371/

Reactions: wmblake

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

This has been brought up before. Seems the JK Unlimited has become the newest soccer mom SUV
As much fun is it is to poke fun at "mall crawlers", I'm totally cool with it if that's how some owners want to use their vehicles. Eventually I'll have to replace my current Jeep and these make great candidates for well maintained/unabused vehicles.

Plus, more volume (regardless of the type of owner) means a larger potential market for parts!

Edit: Forgot to post a photo...

IMG_20160514_104947.jpg