Jeep 2019 wrangler rubicon

• HTML tutorial

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok so I have been getting (not here) jibs because I have a LR4.

I did a price check on a Jeep vs a new Land Rover LR4 (if it was new based on 2016 prices for the same features. (As close as I can get.)
It is not so far apart for the same reliability.

IMG_0111.JPGIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0108.JPGIMG_0109.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

Olyclimber

Rank II

Traveler I

Olympia WA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Weber
There are some options you could purchase from the aftermarket and lower that 16k option list.
You can buy bumpers and head liners for example for half of what FCA is asking. LED’s are nice but the Halogens are cheaper and still offer a good amount of lighting. You’ll likely add additional after market lighting any way.

Jean-Yves Hudon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary
Member #

You are absolutely right, jeep can run as much as a LR. Personally, I think it's cool that you went with a Land Rover discovery. Would love to see your build one of these days.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

LR4 towing capacity 7,700lbs, Jeep 3,500....I think you made the right choice.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Another thing about LED lights vs Halogen lights. LED's don't produce very much heat and will freeze up and ice over when driving in snow and freezing rain. Halogens won't due to the heat that is put off from the bulb. In the southwest it is not a problem, but in Canada that could be a big problem.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Another thing about LED lights vs Halogen lights. LED's don't produce very much heat and will freeze up and ice over when driving in snow and freezing rain. Halogens won't due to the heat that is put off from the bulb. In the southwest it is not a problem, but in Canada that could be a big problem.
You are right, had this with my aftermarket led headlights, but the output is worth it! I don't know about the original but aftermarket is available with heated lens from jw speaker and trucklite for the jk I think it will be a matter of time for the JL... And honestly it's more than worth it, halogen like the worst crap against these modern led headlights.

Jean-Yves Hudon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary
Member #

It is sometimes the opposite, halogen run hot, melt the snow to water and freeze up when you stop. However in general this is not an issue if you keep the rig clean of snow.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

It is sometimes the opposite, halogen run hot, melt the snow to water and freeze up when you stop. However in general this is not an issue if you keep the rig clean of snow.
I was driving during snowfall, after about 4 miles the snow on the headlights diffused the light so that the snow directly in front was highlighted.
I saw nearly nothing behind this "white wall" I had to switch of the headlights and drove with the fog lights because I couldn't stop in the heavy traffic in the morning.