Jarbidge, NV

• HTML tutorial

RangerBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
Member #

I'll be traveling from Elko to Idaho Falls at the beginning of a fishing trip to Montana and beyond. Any local advice anyone can offer? I'm truly just traveling though, so not looking for hardcore trails...just interesting dirt roads to see some of the beautiful country in the area. My current plan is to head north from Elko toward Wild Horse Reservoir. Head east on 746 to 748 through Jarbidge, then 752 through Three Creek, ID and on to either Rogerson or Castleford. I assume these are all dirt roads that any vehicle can cover. My 4R TRD Pro won't struggle.

Are there other routes I should consider? Any key sights I shouldn't miss? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I'll be traveling from Elko to Idaho Falls at the beginning of a fishing trip to Montana and beyond. Any local advice anyone can offer? I'm truly just traveling though, so not looking for hardcore trails...just interesting dirt roads to see some of the beautiful country in the area. My current plan is to head north from Elko toward Wild Horse Reservoir. Head east on 746 to 748 through Jarbidge, then 752 through Three Creek, ID and on to either Rogerson or Castleford. I assume these are all dirt roads that any vehicle can cover. My 4R TRD Pro won't struggle.

Are there other routes I should consider? Any key sights I shouldn't miss? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Not knowing your timeline, you could get a day permit, and try your luck at Wild Horse resevoiur for some fishing, if so inclined. I have never did the Jarbridge transition from above Elko...East to US 93, and north into Twin Falls, and points North. You should see some Pronghorn, as they have really prospered in that part of the State. You never saw them North above the Ruby Mountain area until about 20 years ago, at least out near the highways. Jarbridge has the highest numbers of Elk, so you might get lucky there in spotting some.