Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

Im heading to Jackson for a couple of days next week with a buddy. I'll be rolling in Monday night and leaving Wednesday afternoon. I was just wondering if anyone more familiar with that area had any tips on finding dispersed camping. I know eclipse traffic could potentially start showing up then, so I'm not real picky. I just want to find a spot to camp somewhat close to Jackson without catching heat or paying a crazy nightly fee. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Clunky

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sedona AZ
We were just there a couple weeks ago and loved this campsite:

Teton Canyon Campground - Alta WY

This is an organized campground with a host and vault toilets. It looked like there were also some dispersed campsites off the dirt road on the way in to the campground if you prefer that type of setup.

There are some spectacular hiking trails that start by the campsite and it is also close enough to Driggs, ID that you can go into town and eat/drink if you'd like.

Reactions: DirtDestination

DirtDestination

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

We were just there a couple weeks ago and loved this campsite:

Teton Canyon Campground - Alta WY

This is an organized campground with a host and vault toilets. It looked like there were also some dispersed campsites off the dirt road on the way in to the campground if you prefer that type of setup.

There are some spectacular hiking trails that start by the campsite and it is also close enough to Driggs, ID that you can go into town and eat/drink if you'd like.
Looks like a great spot! We are going up to visit my friend's sister who is working in Jackson, so we may look for something a little closer. But I'm definitely adding it to my list of areas to check out on a future trip. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Clunky