Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I spend time with my wife. We love adventuring together, and have been doing so almost since we started dating. Sometimes that means flying, but more and more it's overlanding. I have been introducing her to it, and she really enjoys it. We've already got plans for several trips over the next year, to see places we haven't seen or at least haven't seen together.

minnesotamatt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Champlin, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Beglinger
Member #

We haven't done our first Overland trip yet, but are preparing. Right now timing isn't great but come Spring should be about ideal so we're preparing now. My wife is also my primary adventurer and has really shown a lot of interest. Our challenge is that we have three young daughters (1, 4, and 7). It's actually something we're really excited to introduce to them, however it does introduce challenges in terms of space for packing, how far we can travel before we need to stop, what we're willing to tackle, safety concerns, increased cost from needing to purchase additional gear, etc. But my wife and I came to the conclusion recently that we are still going to pursue Overlanding with just as much passion as we would if it were just the two of us, and that actually we think having them along will make for an even more enjoyable experience as we make memories that'll last a lifetime. #wishusluck :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

We haven't done our first Overland trip yet, but are preparing. Right now timing isn't great but come Spring should be about ideal so we're preparing now. My wife is also my primary adventurer and has really shown a lot of interest. Our challenge is that we have three young daughters (1, 4, and 7). It's actually something we're really excited to introduce to them, however it does introduce challenges in terms of space for packing, how far we can travel before we need to stop, what we're willing to tackle, safety concerns, increased cost from needing to purchase additional gear, etc. But my wife and I came to the conclusion recently that we are still going to pursue Overlanding with just as much passion as we would if it were just the two of us, and that actually we think having them along will make for an even more enjoyable experience as we make memories that'll last a lifetime. #wishusluck :)

Right there with you. There will be challenges exploring/camping with a 9 month old (I predict that'll be about the time of our first trip), but some of my very earliest memories (I'm talking mostly impressions and colors and smells) of any kind involve being in the woods and camping. I want the same for my girl...

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL

Ditto on the kids. I have not taken mine out yet (5 and 9), but am looking forward to doing so this summer. It will be an adventure!

Reactions: minnesotamatt

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I spend time with my wife. We love adventuring together, and have been doing so almost since we started dating. Sometimes that means flying, but more and more it's overlanding. I have been introducing her to it, and she really enjoys it. We've already got plans for several trips over the next year, to see places we haven't seen or at least haven't seen together.
Here ,Here!!!!

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Yep. My wife and my 4 year old are my primary adventure partners. I try to get out at least once a month and about half that time is just my 4 year old and i. For me it's all about who you are with, not where you are.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Yep. My wife and my 4 year old are my primary adventure partners. I try to get out at least once a month and about half that time is just my 4 year old and i. For me it's all about who you are with, not where you are.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I could not agree more, most of the time it is my 16 year old daughter with me, my wife would rather be in a mall.

However sometimes I really enjoy getting out in the middle of nowhere all alone. When I do that I am generally backpacking not in my rig. I trully enjoy solitude.

Last edited:

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

While I do love the occasional solo trip, my wife is absolutely my favorite person to be with at all times. We both love being with our dogs too so they're usually with us.

Reactions: Captain Josh

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Very encouraging read. We have a 2 year old and I've been wanting to take him out on some trips, have never done one yet but should be a blast. We might hut up the national seashore out on the OBX this year but want to try it myself with some people first since I've never driven out on the beach before.

Reactions: Captain Josh