Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey everyone,

Wow, it’s been a while since I looked at this website or posted anything, and it’s really grown!

I am OB#0001, but my emblem left when I sold my rover to my buddy, it just had to stay with that legacy since that’s how it all started when Mike was me driving on the Bay Bridge in SF, CA.

I still watch my rover from afar, but starting to get the itch to build up my 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser. Yes, I made the switch for those of you who knew me on Instagram. I have no social media anymore, which is amazing. :-)

Have a great winter and I’ll try to update my profile and post more!

Mike, send me a new emblem! :)

regards, David

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
very cool! There is an app now I think, I should go download it. Hey @Michael how are you buddy? My emblem left with my rover, I need a new one for the LC200! I’m down in Lousiana for a little while, need to look at the member map down here.
The new app is still in the alpha testing [0.9.0 Discussion] Pre-Release Discussion it was just realeased for iOS yesterday morning on TestFlight

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
hellow 0001, I just have a "for my info" question please

What year did you start overlanding and how many vehicles have you gone through since then?

thanks.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Dave's # 1! Dave's #1! Dave's #1!

You can order replacement badges through the store.

And good luck finding your way through the forum... It's HUGE! This forum has more content than any I've been a member of. I haven't even scratched the surface.

Welcome back & don't be a stranger. Pics of your rig would be cool.....

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

hellow 0001, I just have a "for my info" question please

What year did you start overlanding and how many vehicles have you gone through since then?

thanks.
Howdy! Hmmm... I did when I was younger with an old pick up truck in the woods, but for “real”, I’d say 2010.

I’ve had 2 Land Rover LR4s and a current Land Cruiser. The latter I’m still working on a build plan.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Dave's # 1! Dave's #1! Dave's #1!

You can order replacement badges through the store.

And good luck finding your way through the forum... It's HUGE! This forum has more content than any I've been a member of. I haven't even scratched the surface.

Welcome back & don't be a stranger. Pics of your rig would be cool.....
Hahaha! Yes I know about the replacement store, but I thought OB would provide a complimentary badge to #1.... hahahahaha! I’m kidding, kind of.

Thanks so much, I’ll post some photos soon once I figure out around this maze.

Reactions: Munga Brown

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thank you. I guess you found a truck you like and stuck with it.
cheers..
I loved my LR4, and was a long time Land Rover guy, but it just doesn’t come close in terms of reliability compared with the Land Cruiser. My Land Cruiser is a 2018, but I love how it’s old fashioned in many ways! I hate all the new technology on vehicles, but I need something reliable and comfortable for long trips

Reactions: Farook Ismail

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
This is great. I am intrigued about how exactly you came to be #1, or well #2 but #1...nevermind. So how did you stumble upon OverlandBound? What drew you to it?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This is great. I am intrigued about how exactly you came to be #1, or well #2 but #1...nevermind. So how did you stumble upon OverlandBound? What drew you to it?
It all started with a photo @Michael took on the bay bridge in SF of my LR4 and he posted it to Instagram and folks tagged me. This was before OB really was created. I also used to see his rig when we both lived in the same town. I got chatting with him and he was putting the emblem thing together and asked me to look at a prototype and said I could be #1. I didn’t think anyone knew it would explode this much!

Over the years we kept in touch, and he even became an honorary LR club member, he mentioned me in a couple videos, once rather teasing.

I guess it just sort of happened.