Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone had one of these rc trucks collecting dust. Looking to pick one up for my son and I to play with.

I have 350.00 to spend on one.... Picture for attention.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Careful, that's a slippery slope, even with an RTR. I bought a new SCX10 kit, but ended up upgrading pretty much everything to the point I had enough parts for a second build. I've spent 4x the cost of the kit, but at least the cost of mods to my 1:10 is a scale of my 1:1 rig mods...

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Careful, that's a slippery slope, even with an RTR. I bought a new SCX10 kit, but ended up upgrading pretty much everything to the point I had enough parts for a second build. I've spent 4x the cost of the kit, but at least the cost of mods to my 1:10 is a scale of my 1:1 rig mods...
It definetly is a slippery slope lol
I bought an scx10 honcho and then 6 months later i had 10 different rigs for a variety of different competitions.
The honcho turned into a 2k fully custom dodge ram lol i had easily 6k into all my rigs. Ended up selling everything for less then 2k...so my advice if you do get into this keep them, let em rot on a shelf before you sell em people will low ball you.

Check ebay tho as well.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

It definetly is a slippery slope lol
I bought an scx10 honcho and then 6 months later i had 10 different rigs for a variety of different competitions.
The honcho turned into a 2k fully custom dodge ram lol i had easily 6k into all my rigs. Ended up selling everything for less then 2k...so my advice if you do get into this keep them, let em rot on a shelf before you sell em people will low ball you.

Check ebay tho as well.
LOL! I kept a spreadsheet of all my parts and cost. The danger w/ RC is that mods are not too expensive by themselves, especially compared to the 1:1 world. The problem is that they do add up, and can add up quickly. If I knew the total cost of ownership for just one scale rig, perhaps I may not have jumped in.
It's too late for me now, as I've got the RC bug...

Last edited:
Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Wifes wraith and my custom made wrexo

Thing had stupid amounts of travel

My pride and joy started life as a scx10 honcho part of the reason while ill never buy a rtr again. Spent way to much money changing everything only thing left that was stock with the honcho was the axle housings lol

General lee vaterra ascender

My wall of crawl

Middle stage of my ram

Gmade crawler wasnt really impressed with this one

And the custom made beadlock rings for the ram

Yea
..good times im actually getting back into it lol not gonna go ham like i did last time tho
Maybe 2 rigs max
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk