Is the grass greener?

• HTML tutorial

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I moved from California to Utah for a couple years, and then moved back. I was born and raised in California so it wasn't as hard for me to move back, though I am not planning on staying here forever. The state is becoming worse and worse for me personally, and I will probably end up in Idaho or Montana etc. I lived in a extremely small town in Utah and though the outdoors aspect was awesome, not being a member of the church in a small town was not fun. I think that Utah would have been a better place to live for me if I had lived in a larger town or a town closer to the border with a larger concentration of people from other places that also were not church members. I did have some great friends there that were LDS members and they all seemed to be good people, but there is a very noticeable divide between members and non members. I noticed it was much less evident when I spent time in the larger towns. It also would be a great place to retire or if you had an online type job so at least that wouldn't be a factor. I ended up having to commute over an hour for work in a larger town.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GCWJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Coon Rapids, MN
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Canaday
My wife and I are pondering the same, but retirement isn't likely to happen. Pretty much, ah, ever. I work as a machinist so finding employment shouldn't be that difficult, though the main reason we are leery of leaving MN is because our 2-yo daughter loves her gramma almost more than she loves daddy!

We want quiet and acreage. My wife wants quick drive to local shopping while I want to listen to the wind in the trees. CO has come up in conversation but if there is no guest house for gramma I'm afraid poor Lilly won't be forgiving us too soon.