Groundhawg

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Reactions: Drifterman

Patrick56

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I'll share my setup even though you are probably looking to buy (not make).

I used a cutting board. I cut it in half and then separated the two halves of the cutting board with small spacers the thickness of the tablet (also made of cutting board).

I used a RAM mount that attaches to a custom radio enclosure but that's another story (needless to say I could probably hang off my tablet :) )

I've actually since bought a new tablet and made a different holder out of steel (using a welder). But I don't have any pictures of it yet. Both setups work great.
What is the name of the app you are using?

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
This is a "Useless ashtray switchplate", only fits late model Land Cruiser 80's only at this time. Very stout mounting.
Buy the Ram components, the Ram ball screws right into the existing threaded holes.

Attachments

jgardner04

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HHZ
I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
How is this setup for your passenger? Looking to do something like this and make sure my wife has enough room.

RobL

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

New York
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lohnes
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
Ram mounts or 57 designs I have both types of mounts in my jeep for my cell phone and GPS and they also make them for tablets and they are very well built products. View attachment 104464

Last edited:

Paris0514

Local Expert Kansas City MO
Founder 500

World Traveler III

Kansas City
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0KTP
For my 2017 Tacoma I use the following:
Hondo Vent Mount
Ram Mount iPad (Modified to have Mic clip)
Ram Mount Large Phone for Yaesu Face

B817D91F-5DFC-45DE-9745-D8B906EB961B.jpegC6AE9060-1C64-42DB-A423-27F4B50D5A3F.jpegC023B8C2-65A4-4968-A744-9592825748C4.jpeg9649166C-9793-41DA-9C49-880A5AD2EEDB.jpeg9616F782-6B4C-4FB6-9EB0-87165797406D.jpeg

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Not an FJ, but I really really really want 67 Designs mounts on my Jeep, but alas- the wallet wont allow. I’m doing a one-off RAM ball into a RAM mount for my phone and a RAM tablet mount for running Gaia on my IPad.IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4368.JPG

Reactions: T4STE

T4STE

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Figueroa
Member #

Not an FJ, but I really really really want 67 Designs mounts on my Jeep, but alas- the wallet wont allow. I’m doing a one-off RAM ball into a RAM mount for my phone and a RAM tablet mount for running Gaia on my IPad.View attachment 114955View attachment 114956
Did you just drill a hole on the ball itself? Might look into doing this myself down the road.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Not an FJ, but I really really really want 67 Designs mounts on my Jeep, but alas- the wallet wont allow. I’m doing a one-off RAM ball into a RAM mount for my phone and a RAM tablet mount for running Gaia on my IPad.View attachment 114955View attachment 114956
Just my 2 cents looked good at the time but with my I pad mini the ball keeps spinning from the weight of the I pad . Tried numerous lock washers etc. going with the vector dash mount & 67 design.

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

Did you just drill a hole on the ball itself? Might look into doing this myself down the road.
They come like that; its a special ball meant for mounting to the handlebar risers on a motorcycle. They're predrilled and include 3 different length M8 SHCS for mounting.

Part no is RAM-B-367U.

Reactions: T4STE

T4STE

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Figueroa
Member #

They come like that; its a special ball meant for mounting to the handlebar risers on a motorcycle. They're predrilled and include 3 different length M8 SHCS for mounting.

Part no is RAM-B-367U.
oh cool good to know, thanks