IPad Mounts

• HTML tutorial

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Like the pole mount a lot....I am thinking of fitting one as I didn’t want to screw into my dash board in case of future resale issues with holes in dash. Your solutions may well work for me and my thoughts. Thanks..

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I have ALL the maps...

Hondo Garage Unholey Mounts, Ram Ball Mounts, 3" Ram Arms, and Big Squeeze and Phone Squeeze (also Hondo Garage).

Ignore the Switch, just put that up there for the laughs.

FJ WARRIOR

Rank 0

Contributor I

I had the same issue a couple months back for my 08 fj cruiser. I wanted to mount my tablet with out butchering my dash or buying some expensive mount from which i might still get movement while off roading. I spent about $15 on some adhesive tablet wall mounts from amazon. The adhesive holds up to 15 lbs each. And withstands hot summer days like nothing!! Super satisfied and i get absolutely no movement while on trails. Hope this helps some
Cheers!!IMG_20171121_191807_388.jpg 20171121_190840.jpg IMG_20171219_161053_092.jpg

Reactions: Hafaday

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
RAM Mount bolted to the side of the radio console.

Step drilled the holes for the bolts and nuts.

The Panavise looks promising. RAM is the way to go for everything as others have mentioned. I have 4 mounts in my truck for the iPad, iPhone, Delorme Inreach, and my Ham Radio above my mirror in my FJ.

Reactions: Ben Kim and Hafaday

Charles Schladenhauffen

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

LAWTON OKLAHOMA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Schladenhauffen
Member #

RAM Mount bolted to the side of the radio console.

Step drilled the holes for the bolts and nuts.

The Panavise looks promising. RAM is the way to go for everything as others have mentioned. I have 4 mounts in my truck for the iPad, iPhone, Delorme Inreach, and my Ham Radio above my mirror in my FJ.
Is the mount to the Dash Ram also. Do you have a link for it thks

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Having a Tacoma I bought Hondo’s unholey Mount, which leaves no holes in the dash. :)
I like this mount because when I take off the arm it only leaves a little ram ball in my daily driver.

What I did was get a flat Ram mount plate and stuck the iPad size Scosche XL magnet on it. 150 miles on the Mojave Road and it never even budged, plus super easy to take off and remount one handed. Plus I put another ram ball on the top bar of my roof top tent and the iPad hangs overhead to watch movies at night. :)
960299AB-B2F1-4D46-8BBA-464EF03A7787.jpeg 1ED944F4-59EE-4EC1-A461-734001479FCE.jpeg

SCOSCHE MAGTFM2 MagicMount XL

FJBruiser

Rank III

Advocate II

First used a ram mount as seen on 1st pic for my iPad. Then I changed out the head unit for an android powered GPS unit with all the necessary applications to maintain a factory look. I love it. I have all trail maps, internet access and heck even netflix!20170823_155355.jpeg20180516_141331.jpeg

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

First used a ram mount as seen on 1st pic for my iPad. Then I changed out the head unit for an android powered GPS unit with all the necessary applications to maintain a factory look. I love it. I have all trail maps, internet access and heck even netflix!View attachment 64245View attachment 64246
I've looked the idea of doing similar, but had the feeling that it wouldn't be so easy to view while driving - size of screen and angle of view. Be interested to hear your thoughts.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Yes and I can bend it how I want it....

Jim
Must be pretty stiff! Several folks have used the RAM Mounts flexible stalk, and while okay on the highway, bounced all over off road. That’s why we’ve gone to the solid tubular stalk instead.

GrnRubi

Rank 0

Traveler I

Montana
I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Im interested, in this setup...Would like to know the part numbers for this as well. I have looked but cant find the parts that are between the rod.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
First used a ram mount as seen on 1st pic for my iPad. Then I changed out the head unit for an android powered GPS unit with all the necessary applications to maintain a factory look. I love it. I have all trail maps, internet access and heck even netflix!View attachment 64245View attachment 64246
This intrigues me quite a bit. What brand did you use?

Also, do you know if it's possible to do satellite radio with that head unit? We currently have it and like it so if we can keep that functionality that'd be ideal.

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Must be pretty stiff! Several folks have used the RAM Mounts flexible stalk, and while okay on the highway, bounced all over off road. That’s why we’ve gone to the solid tubular stalk instead.
I have an earlier Ram flex mount. I guess 1st gen? that I used for my 2M/70CM face in my Rover. But the foot wouldn’t fit to allow the 4Runner trim to snap back into place. So I ordered a new Ram mount with a more linear, if that’s the right word, mount to allow the trim to fit. Well.... Ram beefed up the aluminum flex rod considerably. I didn’t get my calipers out but had to drill out my existing Ram upper attachment mount because the one that came with the new mount was much larger and was oversized for the radio faceplate holder. But getting on topic finally.... the new thicker rod is more than capable to hold an ipad securely. Now I’m in search for the setup that I saw somewhere of an ipad with a remote radio face underneath.

Attachments