Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good ipad mount? Either vehicle specific (2010 FJ Cruiser) or universal. Appreciate it!

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

I have a Ram universal that has not been mounted in the Jeep yet.. Plan on using my old Ipad mini and my Garmin Glo. I foresee some movement when off road with the universal mount. Thinking of going a different way.

https://www.rammount.com/activity/vehicle-mounts#wizard

Yeah, I know your a smart guy. Just helping out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toyota+fj+ipad+mount&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
Haha! Thanks for the info. I'm looking into both. I was thinking about the off road movement as well, because I've almost slung my cellphone out the window a few times!!

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Ok, this one looks pretty awesome. I like how it mounts also. Looks really sturdy! I think I could alter it as well. I appreciate the info!

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

I'll share my setup even though you are probably looking to buy (not make).

I used a cutting board. I cut it in half and then separated the two halves of the cutting board with small spacers the thickness of the tablet (also made of cutting board).

I used a RAM mount that attaches to a custom radio enclosure but that's another story (needless to say I could probably hang off my tablet :) )

I've actually since bought a new tablet and made a different holder out of steel (using a welder). But I don't have any pictures of it yet. Both setups work great.

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

I'll share my setup even though you are probably looking to buy (not make).

I used a cutting board. I cut it in half and then separated the two halves of the cutting board with small spacers the thickness of the tablet (also made of cutting board).

I used a RAM mount that attaches to a custom radio enclosure but that's another story (needless to say I could probably hang off my tablet :) )

I've actually since bought a new tablet and made a different holder out of steel (using a welder). But I don't have any pictures of it yet. Both setups work great.
Props for the ingenuity!! It looks pretty badass and looks really secure for off-road.

Reactions: DominikF350

sleak

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Helena, MT
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Leak
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm using a ProClip Console Mount with a Ram Mount base screwed into it. Two arms with a two-ball connector in between. Ram Mount EZ-Roll'r cradle for my iPad Mini 4. Can adjust height by length of the arms.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'll just add that if you can find a mount that is exactly for the model you are using, I think its much more low profile and functional than the generic ones that just grip from all angles.

I found one RAM mount which is exactly for my 12.9" ipad pro and has a spot for the pencil

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Ipad RAM mount using a suction cup on the side of the dash pod (hidden behind the Ipad mount itself in my Defender.
Between the suction mount and the Ipad holder is a long double socket arm, which makes it quick and easy to re-position.
All work well with no vibration. Easy reach for both driver and navigator.
Down side is the navigator can't get at the CB easily, but hey, she doesn't use it much anyway.
The "generic" phone mount on the right of the switch pod was all of 99p on Ebay and is one of the best screen mounted versions I've ever had. Not as good a s a Brodit or Ram for gripping the 'phone it will jump out if the side grips aren't really tight, but when they are, the 'phone will stay there through some of the toughest rock climbs.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Navigation gone mad :tongueclosed: - this was the set up for a navigation challenge event in the Mits L200 (Triton). L to R Netbook running MS Autoroute (yes, still use it ...) and a trip meter app a mate built, Ipad running a whole variety of nav apps (Garmin, Memory Map, Motion X), and a Garmin Oregon running Garmin street level and Memory Map. Needless to say we didn't get lost!!! Maybe not on the right road or track, but never lost :sunglasses:

Ipad mount is the same one as now used in the Defender - see above - the suction mount can be seen below the Ipad.

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Do you know what the part numbers are for this mount?

This is almost exactly what I would like to do in my truck.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I have been looking at their website and I can't seem to find a spot to search for specific vehicles. Maybe I am missing it, but it appears that they work on more of a universal mount set up.
At the top of this web page I have given there is a place to enter make of car it will take you to a chart
If the link above isn't working right under custom mounts in the side bar to the left it will take you to the page asking the make of your car.