Investor

Enthusiast II

Murphysboro, IL, USA
First Name
Loretta
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Just fyi, I was under the impression as an investor my membership was a lifetime subscription. My credit card was just charged for 29.99 even though my initial subscription was n 2020 ???? Then in March of 22, I think , I became an investor. BTW. i have never gotten any type of certificate for the investment. Thanks

Reactions: afootorafloatLJ

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
The 'perks' including investment badge, lifetime access etc. were dependent on the investment tier/level you went for. The original investment site does not list the various levels as the funding closed, however if you log on to your account there it will give you a list of what the perks were for your level of investment.

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Just fyi, I was under the impression as an investor my membership was a lifetime subscription. My credit card was just charged for 29.99 even though my initial subscription was n 2020 ???? Then in March of 22, I think , I became an investor. BTW. i have never gotten any type of certificate for the investment. Thanks
The paperwork / certificate were downloadable from the Republic website when you made the investment. You can probably still access it there if you login to your account.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

where do you see these levels on the profiles? When I joined there was no annual/monthly fee. I paid one price for whatever the top package was at the time. Can't remember just when I joined though.

DavidL

Rank IV
Mod Team

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
L
Member #

where do you see these levels on the profiles? When I joined there was no annual/monthly fee. I paid one price for whatever the top package was at the time. Can't remember just when I joined though.
Hi, you joined Apr 7, 2020. You are what is known as a Launch Member because you joined essentially before the app was officially released. As a thank you to our early adopters, your access is perpetual and you will never lose any features, only gain them as the app is improved and developed.

DavidL

Rank IV
Mod Team

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
L
Member #

We currently have only two "levels" of access. Subscribers have access to all the apps features and non subscribers have a basic access. Here is the breakdown, found on the Pricing link on the homepage:
Pricing - Overland Bound

Hope this clarifies things.
I'm also an investor. At least your profile shows an "Investor" tag. Mine does not. I've also been charged for annual membership since investing. I don't remember if investing included free membership. Can anyone enlighten us?
Here is the info posted on the Republic site at the time of the campaign. I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know. info@overlandbound.com
$150 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker
$300 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch
$500 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch Lifetime Adventure Tier access Solid metal vehicle emblem with member number
$1,000 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch Investor profile badge in app and on website Lifetime Adventure tier access Solid metal vehicle emblem
$2,500 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch Investor profile badge in app and on website Lifetime Adventure tier access Two solid metal vehicle emblem with member number
$5,000 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch Investor profile badge in app and on website Lifetime Adventure tier access Expedition tier early access Expedition tier 1 year access Two solid metal vehicle emblem with member number
$25,000 - Thank you note with campaign exclusive sticker and patch Video Call with Michael and Corrie Investor profile badge in app and on website Lifetime Adventure tier access Expedition tier early access Lifetime Expedition tier access Two solid metal vehicle emblem with member number

DavidL

Rank IV
Mod Team

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
L
Member #

Note on your profile the "Launch Member" designation. Access for these members may vary slightly, but the key is that your access will only increase in features and never decrease. You are not charged a subscription fee.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
@DavidL Defiantly confusing with all the changes to membership levels and features over the past couple of years. Thank you for your clarifications!

danielserrao4

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Cortland, Cortland County, New York, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Serrao
Member #

Note on your profile the "Launch Member" designation. Access for these members may vary slightly, but the key is that your access will only increase in features and never decrease. You are not charged a subscription fee.
I am an investor, but that is not showing up on my member page.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Awesome! Thank you so much for all the info!

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
This whole thing is a hot mess. Who ever is administrator never gives a straight answer. I reached out several times. I was a founder but then I started contributing 19.99 or 20 bucks a month and had the benefactor label and I received occasional goodies from OB. One administrator indicated if I was paying I wasn’t a founder because founders joined when dues weren’t required. Aren’t founders also based on member number? Regardless apparently $240 a year isn’t worth there trouble. The points game is fun but not $240/yr fun. And of course no more goodies. Also, I recall we were supposed to get some recognition once I completed an entire challenge track, that never happened. Disappointed OB isn’t as great as it once was.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Same here. I also was charged, and still cannot use the GPS Tracking stuff - says I need to subscribe. When I try, it says I'm a member, go figure.
Also, never got the investor swag either.
-Dan

JersT4R

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Norfolk, VA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

Not sure if this is still an issue, but my profile lists Investor at the very bottom next to Member.

Attachments