Joe
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GRMS - WROW248
Service Branch
US Army
Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I am 60, about to retire, did 32 years in the US Army, 25 years as a volunteer firefighter, currently serving as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff, and work for the US Government. Lived 10 years in Europe pre & post falling of the Iron Curtain. Currently building my Overland system which is based on my 2019 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4. My Smittybilt trailer is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, and my Mainline Overland Grandby slide-in camper is due for completion in Jun 2021. My wife and I are avid tent campers and we also camp with our motorcycle / trailer combo. Initial planned routes include about 3-4 month across Canada and then the TransAmericanTrail (or vice versa).

May reason for joining the Overland Bound forum is to gain overland ideas, concepts, vehicle configuration tips, route information, safety tips, guidance, etc. I have spent some time in remote austere location and have an appreciation for what I need for survival but one can never be too overprepared (in my mind).

Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I am 60, about to retire, did 32 years in the US Army, 25 years as a volunteer firefighter, currently serving as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff, and work for the US Government. Lived 10 years in Europe pre & post falling of the Iron Curtain. Currently building my Overland system which is based on my 2019 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4. My Smittybilt trailer is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, and my Mainline Overland Grandby slide-in camper is due for completion in Jun 2021. My wife and I are avid tent campers and we also camp with our motorcycle / trailer combo. Initial planned routes include about 3-4 month across Canada and then the TransAmericanTrail (or vice versa).

May reason for joining the Overland Bound forum is to gain overland ideas, concepts, vehicle configuration tips, route information, safety tips, guidance, etc. I have spent some time in remote austere location and have an appreciation for what I need for survival but one can never be too overprepared (in my mind).

Thanks for the opportunity to learn.
Welcome To Overland Bound
I have been hearing some good things about the re-designed Smittybilt trailer.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course