Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Genoa City, WI
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Traskaski
Member #

Hello everyone! New member, I've never gone overlanding, and am looking to learn a lot.

I do enjoy camping and have driven all over the United States, so it shouldn't be much of a challenge.

My rig is a 1994 HMMWV. A bit different than the normal Toyota or Jeep, but just a capable. I'm not going to go crazy with it, just making some internal upgrades to add storage and some comfort.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

2017-03-24 06.35.03.jpg 2017-03-24 07.01.50.jpg 2017-04-24 15.06.15.jpg

Avalon01

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Genoa City, WI
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Traskaski
Member #

Welcome. Awesome HMMVW, many good times in those. Where did you acquire it, if you don't mind me asking.
Government auction through IronPlanet. It was an Oklahoma National Guard truck and sold through Red River Depot in Texas. I picked it up last year when the selection was much better. There was nothing wrong with the truck, even the fluids were new when I changed them.

Had it shipped to WI and have been enjoying it since!

Avalon01

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Genoa City, WI
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Traskaski
Member #

22 Road Cones? All at once or one at a time?

Welcome!

Dan.
Lol.

I was there when I bought it. Thought it was funny, so I left it.

I'd love to meet the guys that drove the truck and ask the story behind all the markings. I had the same question about the road cones!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

cgoerrissen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatsworth
Member #

Gotta love GovPlanet! I bought a LMTV last year and have yet to see it. Had it shipped to AZ where I had it registered and insured. It's at a buddy's place there and I hope to start working on it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

My buddy bought two of those and is completely redoing them. They look like brand new trucks. At first I was against him the getting rid of the green/camo paint, but the grey looks so good. And he used the upol bed liner kit.

IMG_97191.jpg IMG_96941.jpg IMG_96921.jpg IMG_96841.jpg