Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
Into The Wind or Off Grid Trailer???
Looking to buy a loaded out teardrop trailer. After a lot of enet research, I think I’ve got it narrowed down to these two. The both tick all the right boxes. I’ve not seen either on in person. Anyone had a chance to see both in person? Perhaps at a expo.?

Both have similar features and are priced near each other. I would probably satisfied with either one.

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
I own a Boreas XT, and it is well worth it. Very tough and sturdy. I did some changes to the trailer, adding and eliminating things I didnt want or need. The owner is very hands on, and I think will still make customization trailers as well.

Old Recon Marine

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mississippi, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Martin
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4MDZ
I own a Boreas XT, and it is well worth it. Very tough and sturdy. I did some changes to the trailer, adding and eliminating things I didnt want or need. The owner is very hands on, and I think will still make customization trailers as well.
I also own a Boreas XT. Agree with your comments about the owner and customer support. Curious as to what changes you made.

dcash787

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Meyer
Into The Wind or Off Grid Trailer???
Looking to buy a loaded out teardrop trailer. After a lot of enet research, I think I’ve got it narrowed down to these two. The both tick all the right boxes. I’ve not seen either on in person. Anyone had a chance to see both in person? Perhaps at a expo.?

Both have similar features and are priced near each other. I would probably satisfied with either one.
I'm in the exact same spot, what did you decide and how did it turn out? I have a family of 4 plus a dog, leaning toward the Boreas with RTT and racks for 4 bikes. I live in the Colorado Rockies and will probably use it 80% of the time around here.

Old Recon Marine

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mississippi, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Martin
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4MDZ
I'm assuming that's an Into the "Wild" Boreas trlr and not some new, different model. I love mine and if living outdoors and sleeping in doors (four seasons) is your ambition the Boreas is a doable. Pandos I can't speak to but you won't get any better customer support than Boreas and it's hands-on owner. Family of four may require a roof mounted tent and that may change towing drag. I'd check with Boreas to make sure the tent you select is mountable on Boreas custom roof rack and doesn't impact solar.

Reactions: dcash787

Dagwood_55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
I'm in the exact same spot, what did you decide and how did it turn out? I have a family of 4 plus a dog, leaning toward the Boreas with RTT and racks for 4 bikes. I live in the Colorado Rockies and will probably use it 80% of the time around here.

OP here. Actually I did not buy either. I was ready but my wife was not sure. So for vacation in SW Colorado, we ended up renting a Off Grid Expedition 2.0 for 5 or 6 days. It was a very nice, well build rig. Pulled easy and was well equipped. I liked everything about it. But my wife hated it. And said if I bought one of these I'd be camping by myself. She did'nt like the small interior and the cook stove and sink were too high. The are a little hard to crawl in and out of. Can't get dressed in them. And the outside shower was not for her. Basically she just did not like it or the experience. So that was the end of that good idea. I think a 270 awning with a portion of it with sides would have made a big difference. But we have a very nice 5th wheel set up with solar, so we may be a little spoiled.

dcash787

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Meyer
Thanks for the updates. I've also been looking at the Hive EX camper as a serious contender. Regardles of the model, I had the conversation with my wife last night about renting one for a trip to make sure we all like it, sounds like it might be a good idea considering the investment.

tim.lemons

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lemons
Member #

I am looking at the XT right now. I have bee using an RTT and a 270 degree batwing awning on my Taco and it's been great. But want something for 4 seasons. The comments on the solid customer support are important. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one. Thanks for the good info.

Old Recon Marine

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mississippi, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Martin
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4MDZ
I also own a Boreas XT and couldn't agree more with the comments about personal customer support from the company owner, Matt. This trailer is as rugged as they come. The XT is truly 4 seasons with the caveat that one lives "outdoors" and sleeps comfortably "indoors". We opted to skip the AC. With the roof fan the cabin is cool even in the hot, humid southeast (Mississippi) and snugly warm in winter conditions. We've used the ARB awning/tent but have been frustrated that it just doesn't "fit" (if you want access to the door and want bug free shelter). We've added a Gazebo popup tent for our outdoor area. seems to work well for my wife and dog as well. I did add another AGM battery and also use a separate 100 watt solar panel I mount on the ground in what ever patch of sunlight penetrates the typicaaly forested areas we camp in. We love all of our energy consuming gadgets. I also would love to hear about mods to the trailer any of you might have made.

Reactions: SGS