Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
So I just installed the Valhalla Off Road console panels in my truck. Like all new things I really like them. They are really well made and I like the design and style. However, it got me thinking; being that I had to drill into my truck it will be interesting to see if I regret installing them at some point in the future. Have you installed any accessories in your rig that you no longer use and wish you hadn't created the holes you now have to live with?

vorr pass 1-1.jpg vorr driver1-1.jpg vorr center 11.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So I just installed the Valhalla Off Road console panels in my truck. Like all new things I really like them. They are really well made and I like the design and style. However, it got me thinking; being that I had to drill into my truck it will be interesting to see if I regret installing them at some point in the future. Have you installed any accessories in your rig that you no longer use and wish you hadn't created the holes you now have to live with?

View attachment 205290 View attachment 205291 View attachment 205292
Those look really nice. I have been looking for Molle panels for the console on my wife’s 4Runner. Wish they had some for a 4th Gen 4Runner.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Many times in my younger days, but seem to be getting a little wiser as the years pass. I've been eyeing the Valhalla panels for some time and this might push me over the edge - thanks for posting. Also would appreciate any info on the source for that vent mounted mic clip.

Al

Reactions: MiamiC70

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Yes they do, but we don’t like them because then we loose the factory cup holders that we use every day.
@M Rose checkout the ones from Orange Boxx Fab. ( Shop By Vehicle | orangeboxx ) The mounting strap goes low and in front of the cup holders and does not appear to interfere with them. (No experience with them just seen them on builds online and remembered them when you mentioned the Rago ones blocked the cup holders.)

They seat back mesh Molle panels catch a lot of my dogs hair…
@paultitchener

LOL Agreed on the hair catcher! I got the seat back molle panels on my seat covers. The GF is not a fan of how they collect long hair if when it is loose and the window open. (like when off road and watching for soft shoulders etc...) I find the Molle loops basically useless for how I use the 4Runner. Can't put anything on them below the top row of strapping or it interferes with the 2nd row seats folding up. Taking accessories on and off the panels is a pain in the neck. The only thing I have on them is the "trash bag" which I use more often than not for my big water bottle that does not fit well in the cup holder. It can just as easily be attached to the headrest posts. The panels are even less useful in the Tacoma as all but the bottom few rows can't be used since I don't have an extra cab. In that rig I have the big pouches that came with the covers installed to replace the now unusable map pockets. They do that well enough. If I were to replace them on either vehicle, I would just order the ballistic fabric ones w/o the molle panel and save the $75-$100 and Tacti-cool appearance tax.

That said the seat back molle might be great for those with kids. Lots of pockets and ways to store their stuff and the mountings don't interfere with their short legs like they would an adult's.

Boort

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I like my seat back MOLLE panel. I hang a hydration bladder there to have easy access to water while busy driving, and my first aid kit for easy access from the rear seat. And yes, it catches a lot of dog hair - but no more than anything else does in that area of the truck.

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

I would love to find some MOLLE Panels that run underneath the seat and the style you have installed. I installed Greyman Tactical panels on the doors and has been great so far. I also use a seat back molle panel with some success, where I keep survival equipment.

The only panel I don't use really anymore is the panel in the rear cargo window as the cargo box I built really gets in the way.20210309_185541.jpg

Reactions: MiamiC70 and Boort