Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I know there is a thred all ready on here about youtube etc but For overlanding information
Truck builds , tech , equipment etc there is no better souce IN MY OPININON
RONNIE DAHL spent hours watching his vids
Basically the man covers everthing No BS wofferling on about his history or sponcers just
Fact based information any one starting off GO STRIGHT TO HIS LINKS SIT BACK AND TAKE IT IN , RONNIE DAHL. 4 wheeling in west Australia

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

Expedition Overland is another good source. To me, they are more focused on the production side of things making a quality video before giving the facts but still lots of knowledge there to be absorbed. "Oh Hey There" is a video series featuring Jeff and is a continuously updated thread here that offers an array of information in 5 minute videos from basic stove setups to more advance winching setups for difficult situations.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Expedition Overland is another good source. To me, they are more focused on the production side of things making a quality video before giving the facts but still lots of knowledge there to be absorbed. "Oh Hey There" is a video series featuring Jeff and is a continuously updated thread here that offers an array of information in 5 minute videos from basic stove setups to more advance winching setups for difficult situations.
Yeh i watch the lads my point with ronnie is he makes his vids simple facts about the gear without salavating to please the manufacturers of the products. Hints on every thing about set up etc there are many on you tube Some seem to forget and think there celebs lol watched one who has embarked on the canning stock route and acted like some VIP when fellow over landers had the audacity to stop when the reconised him lol , Dahl drives a 79 seriers ute And aint afraid to dint it

Reactions: Daryl 32

Rackness

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Baltimore Maryland
Member #

I have watched many of Ronnie’s videos. They are excellent. He has a way of explaining things that just make sense. If I ever make it down under I would really like to wheel with that guy. Do recommend.

Reactions: John D.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I have watched many of Ronnie’s videos. They are excellent. He has a way of explaining things that just make sense. If I ever make it down under I would really like to wheel with that guy. Do recommend.[/
excatly

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Just watched Oh hey there some good info. Smooth production

sleak

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Helena, MT
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Leak
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I like Ronny Dahl's videos a lot; I support him on Patreon, as well as 4XOverland.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Ronnie has good vids and XOverland is great too. I also like TRL Truck as well as TrailReacon. Though Trail Reacon is mostly jeeps. I also like our very own Michaels walkarounds.

Reactions: cruiseroutfit

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
Yeh i watch the lads my point with ronnie is he makes his vids simple facts about the gear without salavating to please the manufacturers of the products. Hints on every thing about set up etc there are many on you tube Some seem to forget and think there celebs lol watched one who has embarked on the canning stock route and acted like some VIP when fellow over landers had the audacity to stop when the reconised him lol , Dahl drives a 79 seriers ute And aint afraid to dint it
So you don't like Andrew St. Pierre-White. He does have a lot of good info though. His episode on wiring has become like a bible for me.

Reactions: Sparky and Jimmy P

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
So you don't like Andrew St. Pierre-White. He does have a lot of good info though. His episode on wiring has become like a bible for me.
Smarmy whinging pomm with the charizma of a rock, seriouly though every one of his videos look staged and poorly, he has a personal vendeta against the british media industrie because he was regected it seems , do i like him i dont know him to dislike or like him i form my opinions on content , ronnie lives eats and drinks 4x4 and the life style Mr smug tries to make a living out of it , ronnie has even taken to doing disclaimers on his vids since his involvement with mr smug , Roothy another overland legend shines with his down to earth derlivery , i just dont like big heads Mr smugg is a big head , who is a freebe whore lol. Watch ronnies review on the 79 ute i never relised they had so many bad points mr smug just blows smoke up manfactores arses to get freebes , i like the rawness of the likes of dahl , jake and co even the hammy jase and simon try watching monty hall A reconised overlander and ex royal marine met him at peterboro were he was giving talks on jungle and overland driving he stood and talked for hours answering qestion after qestions. Mr smug Never had the social graces on his on vid to talk to in his own words FANS We all have opinions this is ONLY MY OPINION

Last edited:

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

Ronnie gives out some good practical information from his vids I have seen. I also like BleepingJeep, but they are getting more commercialized. Their cheap jeep series started me on several projects for my ZJ.

Reactions: John D.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Ronnie gives out some good practical information from his vids I have seen. I also like BleepingJeep, but they are getting more commercialized. Their cheap jeep series started me on several projects for my ZJ.
As do they all but i dont mind a few adds to pay the way it when they think we are thick trying to punt product take pier white in his canning stock vid , " ill have to check underneath to make sure theres no grass stuck ". Lol when really all he wants to do is bring your attention to the BF GOODRICH LOGO were the camra hovers lol BLESS HIM

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

The thing what draws me to Ronnie Dahl and his group is everyone in his videos seem like regular folks that I'd enjoy a drink with as well as some trail time. Appreciate his understatement, his narrative saying "we ran into a spot of mud" while the video shows them in fender deep muck. If a rig gets stuck or a winch has to be employed, it's a matter-of-fact event with no dramatics. His understatement is refreshing compared to many of the other overland series personalities being a bit too polished, a bit on the "I'm all that" and full of hubris for my taste.

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
The thing that draws me to Ronnie Dahl and his group is everyone in his vedeos seem like regular folks that I'd enjoy a drink with as well as some trail time. Appreciate his understatement, his narrative saying "we ran into a spot of mud" while the video shows them in fender deep muck. If a rig gets stuck or a winch has to be employed, it's a matter-of-fact event with no dramatics. His understatement is refreshing compared to many of the other overland series personalities being a bit too polished, a bit on the "I'm all that" and full of hubris for my taste.
We all have exeriences to relate to And rigs to build and expand Ronnie invites ordinary people to show theres off , i find this section great viewing seeing other like minded people builds ideas and trucks ronnie never gives it the big iam or passes judgement Never pushes any products directly even when he is a prime position to due so , the 4x4 adventure lads trip to the Top was another great watch So here a challenge Get you cameras out and make an OB MEMBERS TRUCKS SECTION on you tube with the amount of trucks on here and experiences , counrtys , wide selction of vehicles Who will take up the challenge if its possible to upload

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Well i think ive just viewd the best overland truck. TOYOTA CUSTOM 80 seriers landcruiser MODIFIED EPISODE 40 RONNIE DAHL

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Well i think ive just viewd the best overland truck. TOYOTA CUSTOM 80 seriers landcruiser MODIFIED EPISODE 40 RONNIE DAHL
I like that one as well was watching it this morning, a huge amount of work has gone into that one. I did laugh when he talked about hauling the quad all around Aus for pretty much no reason.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I like that one as well was watching it this morning, a huge amount of work has gone into that one. I did laugh when he talked about hauling the quad all around Aus for pretty much no reason.
Some kit though he had spares for everthing. + the qaud lol mad german