louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
This might be a bit unrelated, but I asked on another thread and didn't get an answer...does anyone have any experience with an inflatable paddle board? We rented one for the first time last week during our trip in Arkansas and really enjoyed it. Just wondering if anyone knows a good brand or at least which material I should look for it to be made out of?

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

This might be a bit unrelated, but I asked on another thread and didn't get an answer...does anyone have any experience with an inflatable paddle board? We rented one for the first time last week during our trip in Arkansas and really enjoyed it. Just wondering if anyone knows a good brand or at least which material I should look for it to be made out of?
There is a fellow on YouTube, his channel is called Trip Smith, and he gets up to all kinds of adventurous shenanigans on an inflatable SUP, including sleeping on one on the water overnight! He also has a video all about how to choose a SUP, so I reckon his channel would be a good resource for you.

Reactions: grubworm

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

We have a Sea Eagle Needlenose SUP and really like it. When inflated completely it feels solid and most people don't realize that it's an inflatable. The needlenose design is nice as it cuts through the water.

Reactions: grubworm

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Interesting hull design. Looks like a canoeyak...or a kayanoe...or something lol. I wonder about that big rectangular slot on the bottom of the hull. Added stability?

In any case, seems like a good design if fishing is your aim.
Yeah, fishing craft is what I'm looking for. I've had many outboard boats and just sold the last one a few months ago. The Wifey doesn't like boating, or fishing for that matter, but likes to camp so something small for me works. To old and big for a kayak so looking for something a bit more stable and lightweight. This seems to fit the bill.

Last edited: