In SoCal for a month, anything going on?

• HTML tutorial

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I'll be RV camping somewhere near Joshua Tree or Anza Borrego area for at least the next 5-6 weeks, and I've got a week of vacation time to burn before the end of the year... hoping to leave the trailer for at least a few days and explore a bit.

Anyone in the area up for coordinating an outing?

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Always boondocking @Scott! Currently in the OHV area off S22 just West of Salton City, but the cell service sucks so I'm up for a move too.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Awesome.. I love that area. Let me do some digging and see if I can get free for at least an over night trip.. Probably not this weekend but maybe next weekend?

Reactions: aearles

Contributor I

Hey aearles! That's a great spot! I know that area well! Most of that area is fun. Truckhaven is right there, the badlands and ocotillo wells. Also coyote canyon is fun as well. What are you driving? Also if you want a place closer to town (Borrego) as you head into town their is a section of desert east of the airport across the road (just as you round the huge corner after the wash and fonts point turn off) that you can camp. I think cell service is nice out there too. Also north of the fonts point turnoff is the dry lake area. Should be a ton of snow birds out there.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Hey @Misfit_Cruiser thanks for the tips. Yeah I was in a nice secluded spot near the dry lake, closer to Borrego but the cell was pretty bad so I moved to where I have neighbors. I've got LTE over here but I think it's all just pretty spotty or overloaded, you're right, lots of RVs here. Need to do some scouting before I move again, need cell for work during the week.

I'll check out some of those trails/areas, thanks for the recommendations! I'm in a Power Wagon (full size 2500, lift, 35s, lockers, winch) and I have onboard air to help deal with the soft sand! Reminded of the need for some maxtrax out here though, winch won't do me a lot of good.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Cool @Scott whatever works, I'm pretty flexible. Just bored, my wife flew back to MI for a few weeks so it's just me and the dog, lol.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Dang, would have loved to @Trowbocop, but I just came from up there, long drive to tow for no reason and too little time to figure out what to do with the trailer down here.

Thanks for the offer man, maybe next time.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I'm in Desert Hot Springs, I was thinking of driving up Berdoo Canyon tomorrow and exploring JTNP a bit, then probably lunch in Joshua Tree. Not much of a plan at this point, definitely open to other options. @jimbohotwings