I'm visiting Grand Canyon North Rim, suggestions?

• HTML tutorial

IzzyTacoG3

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Ramon, CA, USA
Member #

It isn't a short trip up to white pocket.. plan a few hours in and out.. are you exploring the area or just passing through looking for a spot? I can recommend a few places just of the highway with views as well.. the views are not hard to come by.. lol
Planning to stay overnight and camp out. Also, any place near the are with a lake or river? Thanks for replying :)

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Planning to stay overnight and camp out. Also, any place near the are with a lake or river? Thanks for replying :)
No.. its the desert.. nearest camping by a river would be Paria to the north or Badger creek overlooking the Colorado on the Grand canyon. Nearest lake is Lake Powell north of Page, AZ is huge, beautiful and about 80 miles from Jacob lake, you can camp on the beach @ lone rock dispersed camping area for a fee. To the north near Kanab you can camp by Kanab Creek or Johnson canyon.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Lee's Ferry has camping by but not on the Colorado river. It would be really hot though.

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Just did a 600 mile trip in the area.. let me know if anyone has any additional questions.. found some nice places to camp and have some trail recordings from Point Sublime and also mapped a few other overlooks in the area of the Grand Canyon North Rim. We went to the North Rim, Point Sublime, Jacob Lake, Marble Canyon, Lees Ferry, Badger Cyn Overlook, White pocket (vermillion cliffs), Kanab (Peekaboo slot canyon, sand caves) Mt. Carmel (belly of the dragon, Barracks trail). Couldn't have asked for better weather camping in the Kaibab Natl forest near Jacobs lake.. low 50s at night.. high 70s during the day. It was perfect!

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
Just came back from a 5-day trip to the Kaibab plateau, just north of the North Rim. Basecamp was between Crazy Jug and Locust Point. We go at least once a year. Most beautiful place in existence.

I'm happy to answer any questions.