I'm a bit worried about my $1400 Dometic fridge and their customer support!

• HTML tutorial

Sean Silvera

Rank III

Traveler III

Woodacre, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Silvera
Member #

Here is my gripe and I actually hate to do it!! My very expensive Dometic CFX 100W is not working and I have been trying to contact someone or something for over 2 months . They have a website that is kinda crappy that gives you one dealer in all of the USA in Denver that when I finally got someone to pick up the phone they told me they no longer work with Dometic because they would not pay the hourly repair cost and that they where a horrible vendor.... ??? They have listed local repair centers that are mostly black water tank stations and no one within the 500 mile range that I called would service my $1400 box!!!! Does someone have the magic customer service number to call or am i Shit out of luck on this 13 month old paperweight????

HELP!!

Reactions: Boort

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Sorry man. Good luck with this. I’d be pissed too if my Dometic gave out with questionable support.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Sean Silvera

Rank III

Traveler III

Woodacre, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Silvera
Member #

Sorry... never understood the NEED or DESIRE to spend such money on something like that.
Dude they got me on it holding 147 beers!!! :) . Actually the draw was that i hunt elk in very remote areas and the idea of me being able to freeze quarters down to -8 deg kept me in the field longer if the weather warmed up!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
That's still a crazy price for 12V fridge that is bigger than the average fridge but still not that big and terrible customer service to boot! Good luck getting it fixed. You might just have to take it to a regular appliance repair place rather than try and find one that services Dometic.

Sean Silvera

Rank III

Traveler III

Woodacre, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Silvera
Member #

That's still a crazy price for 12V fridge that is bigger than the average fridge but still not that big and terrible customer service to boot! Good luck getting it fixed. You might just have to take it to a regular appliance repair place rather than try and find one that services Dometic.
Heard from them this week because of communities like this!! They have promised to take care of it!! I'll keep you posted!!!

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Never really understood why people seem to feel that they need to get on here and announce to everyone how much they paid for something; especially something like this. Seems a bit tacky. For some reason it happens the most on this form.

Reactions: 19mystic96

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Sorry... never understood the NEED or DESIRE to spend such money on something like that.

Never really understood why people seem to feel that they need to get on here and announce to everyone how much they paid for something; especially something like this. Seems a bit tacky. For some reason it happens the most on this form.
Looks like he's upset about buying an expensive piece of equipment that he can't get fixed.

I have never understood why anyone would take time to snipe away at someone asking for help. If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say then close the thread and go read something else. As you said it seems a bit tacky to attempt to be superior over little things.

Sean Silvera

Rank III

Traveler III

Woodacre, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Silvera
Member #

Ha!! Love all the Banter!! Dometic replaced my fridge because this was my last resort at trying to figure out how to get it fixed. Yup!! its expensive and they sent me a brand new one without asking me to send in the broken one first. I was pissed I couldn't get help online and am so grateful that they have peeps on forums like this one that can help out in situations like mine. The reason the fridge is worth it for my use is.......well, One it holds a lot of beer!!! :) Two I can freeze an ELK quarter in about 4 hours!! I need something like that in the field, in remote places that I go too so i dont spoil any game that I harvest! We all have things that we spend more money on then the next guy because it fits and supports our specific mission. This one is mine.

Specifically to Cornhoolio with this comment: "Never really understood why people seem to feel that they need to get on here and announce to everyone how much they paid for something; especially something like this. Seems a bit tacky. For some reason it happens the most on this form".
I needed to reach out in the only way I had left to try and get this box fixed. This one is specific for my needs. Its huge! Knowing a little bit about social media and the importance of tag lines and titles i was successful in my "Tackyness" to get the job done.... Enough even for you to spend a few minutes to put in your 2 sheckles. :)

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

@Correus, there have been complaints regarding your comments.

We notice that you remarked on this back in Oct and again you've commented in a way that doesn't contribute anything positive to the discussion.

Thanks so much for being here, but please try to be more supportive and positive. If you don't like someone's post, please just ignore it unless you feel it's worthy of a report.

Thanks so much for your support and understanding.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Buying a refrigerator is one of the best investments that can be made for camping. Now, I paid 1/3 of what you paid but it does have a Dometic compressor in it. I don't know and have been told (by an ARB owner) that I should not leave it running 24/7. I guess time will tell if I was wrong in doing so or not. I would look up certified appliance repair shops and see what they say about repairing your unit. Have you looked online to see if there are schematics and problem shooting videos out yet? What is yours doing/not doing?

Sean Silvera

Rank III

Traveler III

Woodacre, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Silvera
Member #

Buying a refrigerator is one of the best investments that can be made for camping. Now, I paid 1/3 of what you paid but it does have a Dometic compressor in it. I don't know and have been told (by an ARB owner) that I should not leave it running 24/7. I guess time will tell if I was wrong in doing so or not. I would look up certified appliance repair shops and see what they say about repairing your unit. Have you looked online to see if there are schematics and problem shooting videos out yet? What is yours doing/not doing?

One of the reps for Dometic saw my post on here and reached out! They where absolutely awesome and replaced the fridge at no cost to me! This one comes to temp soo quick that i think my first one had an issue from the start. Its a great piece of gear!!!