Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I am buying this. http://www.overlandpros.com/index.php/product/anza-1400/ Why !
No sky view plastic from center of tent that fades and is a source of leaks. The corners can zip down to allow sky view if the weather permits. No window poles to secure in a location that is difficult access and half the cost. Good luck in your search !!!!

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Hello Overlanders ! I'm thinking about IKamper RTT (friend sent me a link to this site). If any of you have information or own one please let me know all + & -
http://www.ikamper.com/
Thanks !
It looks pretty cool, but you might want to check out autohome stuff. I have the airtop which is similar but maybe a little more simple and a similar price. I use the airtop a lot and it's been very good to us. The icamper might be awesome, but I always am hesitant about the reliability of new stuff until it's been proven for a few years. Just throwing it out there as another option. If you get it I am looking forward to seeing your reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
These are pretty nice Mason, but do you have to put it on a land rover? [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app
That's funny! When I first talked to the guy that designed and sells them we were talking about the electrical problem he was chasing on the Land Rover........
So no, It's not going on a Land Rover for me!!! It's a secret.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

OdessaUA

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA
First Name
LEON
Last Name
STETSENKO
Member #

It looks pretty cool, but you might want to check out autohome stuff. I have the airtop which is similar but maybe a little more simple and a similar price. I use the airtop a lot and it's been very good to us. The icamper might be awesome, but I always am hesitant about the reliability of new stuff until it's been proven for a few years. Just throwing it out there as another option. If you get it I am looking forward to seeing your reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks. I'm still waiting for more information also.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I have an iKamper on order right now. Hopefully get it by mid October. Stoked! To me, it's the best option available for sleeping 4 in a RTT, on the roof of a truck, traveling and camping in different places each day.

stuart.404

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Naperville, Illinois
Member #

I have an iKamper on order right now. Hopefully get it by mid October. Stoked! To me, it's the best option available for sleeping 4 in a RTT, on the roof of a truck, traveling and camping in different places each day.
I'm following to hear all about this tent when you get it! It looks fantastic.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Just got an email update from iKamper who manufactures the Skykamp RTT's... They are now currently offering free shipping and free installation at the following 6 pickup locations in the US.

Here are the locations and site info for those who may still be interested.

We're glad to announce that we have 6 Skycamp pickup locations! Order directly on our website, and pick up your order for FREE at the location of your choice. Installation of the Skycamp on your vehicle is also offered free of charge.

Click the locations below to view them on Google Maps:

COMING SOON (April/May)

Once you place an order for your Skycamp, we will get in touch to inform you of your order status.

Get your Skycamp Now!

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Hello Overlanders ! I'm thinking about IKamper RTT (friend sent me a link to this site). If any of you have information or own one please let me know all + & -
http://www.ikamper.com/
Thanks !
Just out of curiosity have you looked at other tents or are you wanting this specific type because of hard shell ? Nice looking tent but seems pricey. Only reason I’m asking is because I was looking at similar models & found a company in southern cal. & is around $900 & quality is exact or if not better than some major brands that run from $1500 to $3500. Just curious ?

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just out of curiosity have you looked at other tents or are you wanting this specific type because of hard shell ? Nice looking tent but seems pricey. Only reason I’m asking is because I was looking at similar models & found a company in southern cal. & is around $900 & quality is exact or if not better than some major brands that run from $1500 to $3500. Just curious ?
What company is that?

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

What company is that?
Tuff stuff overland. Use to be tuff stuff 4x4 but I think they’re finally catching on. I have quite a few of their products & am very happy with the quality of their products & their prices are the best that I have found. Just my ✌Cents

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We just picked up our iKamper Skycamp. Also added a Rhino-Rack Batwing awning. Breaking it in this weekend in Colorado. If anyone has questions that I can answer, I'm happy to do so.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We just picked up our iKamper Skycamp. Also added a Rhino-Rack Batwing awning. Breaking it in this weekend in Colorado. If anyone has questions that I can answer, I'm happy to do so.
Lots of photos would be great. I’m about to purchase the Rocky Black, any chance you got that one?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Reactions: Hourless Life