Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I have review for you the dealing when I was buying iKamper from Off-road tents. I have placed ordered on June 6 . Off-road tents told be the delivery will be end the June somewhere is near June 25-26. It was fine with as I planned vacation at July 18. My wife running daycare business so she has only 2 weeks of vacation as she can't leave business for long time on her helpers as it's kids and none of really care as much of her. So somewhere in end June off road tents let me know that shipment didn't make on ship and will not be here until mid July and but they will look for alternative maybe returns or replacement. I have sent email to iKamept and asking what they can do for me as I purchased tent from off road tents as I was buying other equipment from them at same time . Remember it's 4,000 tent !!!! Their reply was classic bs
"
All customers are experiencing this unfortunate set of delays and we are unable to adjust this timeline as we work very diligently to get our shipments back to standard time. "

Really ?? They have promised at June and because of their miss the shipment .

So story continue with iKamper and gets even more shows they have no idea what they are doing there !!!. Off road tents sent email stated iKamper has tent but they don't know location of it so they are looking. Finally I got email with images one tent has a hole at baseplate and other one just dent at baseplate. iKamper offers me $600 off . I said ok I will take with dent . Next day Off raid tents sent with apologies that tent apparently was sold already as iKamper CS didn't know . Well I would not want with the hole .
So tent will be on July 24 at end of my vacation .

So my take on this , the company doesnt care about customers and remember it's most expensive tent on market with really bad support and not even send me thier apologies for the delay. You will need take for consideration when dealing iKamper . Off road tents sent dozen apologies and were looking to different options for hard shell tent , and even offer me refund. So Off road tents did their step to get me tent , but iKamper doesn't care about you if you bought from dealer, even they got your money !!!!. Terrible experience never buy thier product again. I will might sell after of all and buy different company hard shell tent.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Vendors should have local stock, otherwise, are they seriously "in the business" ?

Alfonso Rojas

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Hey man, that stinks you had to deal with this, especially after you spent that much money. I have looked into these rooftop tents and they look cool with great reviews but I’m with you on customer service. I will almost always buy lesser quality with superior customer service. Good luck on all this.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I have review for you the dealing when I was buying iKamper from Off-road tents. I have placed ordered on June 6 . Off-road tents told be the delivery will be end the June somewhere is near June 25-26. It was fine with as I planned vacation at July 18. My wife running daycare business so she has only 2 weeks of vacation as she can't leave business for long time on her helpers as it's kids and none of really care as much of her. So somewhere in end June off road tents let me know that shipment didn't make on ship and will not be here until mid July and but they will look for alternative maybe returns or replacement. I have sent email to iKamept and asking what they can do for me as I purchased tent from off road tents as I was buying other equipment from them at same time . Remember it's 4,000 tent !!!! Their reply was classic bs
"
All customers are experiencing this unfortunate set of delays and we are unable to adjust this timeline as we work very diligently to get our shipments back to standard time. "

@phlfly

Sorry to hear about this situation. Defiantly not the way I'd want to do business. I'll contrast this with my similar experience that happened years ago:
Bought a custom truck topper from a local dealer down on the Front Range, Coach RV and Truck, in Late April. Brother and I were planning a 2 week camping trip up to Banff NP CA for Mid July. Was told due to custom config would be here in 4-6 weeks. All good. End of May I call to check in... No topper. Dealer tells me not to worry plenty of time left, He'll make sure we go on our trip. End of June check in again still no topper. Deaker said not to worry He'll make everything alright. Monday after July 4th weekend get a call. Still no topper, problems at the factory...Not gonna get here on time. I don't even get the time to start complaining when he tells me to bring my truck in after I get off work. Has me back it up to his showroom doors. His guys lower the display model down from the showroom on to my truck then pull the rig around to the shop and install it. Says sorry it's not color matched. Let me know when you get back from Canada and we'll swap it out when your topper arrives.

Have a great trip, get back and he's still waiting for mine to arrive. Calls me up later in the week and has me drive over to swap it out. Took a bit longer to arrive because he called them and had them add the internal headliner that I wanted but could not afford when I ordered it since they failed to deliver the topper on time. 20+ years later and I still have that Truck/topper and even though they have moved and changed names they still sell me the occaisional strut for the rear glass and do all of the RV service on my trailer.

Boort

Reactions: Alfonso Rojas

Alfonso Rojas

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

"

@phlfly

Sorry to hear about this situation. Defiantly not the way I'd want to do business. I'll contrast this with my similar experience that happened years ago:
Bought a custom truck topper from a local dealer down on the Front Range, Coach RV and Truck, in Late April. Brother and I were planning a 2 week camping trip up to Banff NP CA for Mid July. Was told due to custom config would be here in 4-6 weeks. All good. End of May I call to check in... No topper. Dealer tells me not to worry plenty of time left, He'll make sure we go on our trip. End of June check in again still no topper. Deaker said not to worry He'll make everything alright. Monday after July 4th weekend get a call. Still no topper, problems at the factory...Not gonna get here on time. I don't even get the time to start complaining when he tells me to bring my truck in after I get off work. Has me back it up to his showroom doors. His guys lower the display model down from the showroom on to my truck then pull the rig around to the shop and install it. Says sorry it's not color matched. Let me know when you get back from Canada and we'll swap it out when your topper arrives.

Have a great trip, get back and he's still waiting for mine to arrive. Calls me up later in the week and has me drive over to swap it out. Took a bit longer to arrive because he called them and had them add the internal headliner that I wanted but could not afford when I ordered it since they failed to deliver the topper on time. 20+ years later and I still have that Truck/topper and even though they have moved and changed names they still sell me the occaisional strut for the rear glass and do all of the RV service on my trailer.

Boort
Customer service goes a long way!!

Reactions: Boort

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

So my story was continue when it sent should arrives on July 24 and of course didn't . On Saturday I was checking for update from UPS every hour and suddenly it's in Harrisburg UPS freight facility. I was be able to find a phone this facility, talk to Brett and this guys told me they are overloaded due NY UPS is closed . He will be get to my trailer where is my tent, maybe on Sunday, I asked him if any chance that Saturday I will drive from Leesburg VA to Harrisburg to pick up he said unlikely. But you would surprised he called in 40 min asked me to come pick it up . So I dove 85 miles and I got tent . Brett told he didn't want spoiled vacation so he got his best guys to unload whole trailer . I mean this is to you customer service

Last edited:
Reactions: Food2000 and Boort

Food2000

Rank 0

Contributor I

san diego
First Name
Vinh
Last Name
Ky
i'm in a similar situation.. ordered ikamper tent june 7th, 8 - 10 weeks out now... was supposed to come into port aug 24th, now they're saying Sept 21st.

:( Covid delaysss

Last edited: