• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Hey bros,

Last summer some buddies of mine from Arkansas @Jube and @ArkansasTerry and a few others went out and attended FJ Summit in Ouray Co. We had a great time and loved the trails and scenery that the area offered. We are looking to go somewhere out west again and are looking for ideas. We don't mind moving around each day or setting up base camp and going out and exploring. @Jube is thinking of heading to Expo West in May and then meeting up with us so somewhere between Colorado and AZ might be good.

I am just searching out ideas from you guys who live in the area. What are your favorite spots? What is the must see? We love fly fishing and scenery and an area of relaxation away from the multitudes.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Russell Peters

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey bros,

Last summer some buddies of mine from Arkansas @Jube and @ArkansasTerry and a few others went out and attended FJ Summit in Ouray Co. We had a great time and loved the trails and scenery that the area offered. We are looking to go somewhere out west again and are looking for ideas. We don't mind moving around each day or setting up base camp and going out and exploring. @Jube is thinking of heading to Expo West in May and then meeting up with us so somewhere between Colorado and AZ might be good.

I am just searching out ideas from you guys who live in the area. What are your favorite spots? What is the must see? We love fly fishing and scenery and an area of relaxation away from the multitudes.

Thank you in advance.
How much around Ouray did you see?

I usually feel like I need to go every year! [emoji2]

If spring or fall were an option, I'd suggest Moab. Summer is too hot, IMO.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I know a trip that we'd like to do next year is the Rimrocker Trail (Montrose, CO to Moab, UT), then hook on to White Rim Trail in Moab.
Indeed! I may do Rimrocker this year yet. Maybe even within the week. I'm headed to Moab today and may come home that way.

I'd love to do White Rim, but four-leggeds aren't allowed.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey bros,

Thank you in advance.
Consider also the Hole-In-The-Rock (HITR) trail in SE UT.

It's a blast, but plan around the heat of summer.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

How much around Ouray did you see?

I usually feel like I need to go every year! [emoji2]

If spring or fall were an option, I'd suggest Moab. Summer is too hot, IMO.
We did all of the major trails which was only about 8 trails in 5 days. But I stopped at the local gas fillup in Silverton and bought the trail book and there is about 60 trails in there. I guess most of them do not receive the recognition that others do so we definitely will go back. I will take my wife next time. And we may go back there. It was heaven on earth to me.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Indeed! I may do Rimrocker this year yet. Maybe even within the week. I'm headed to Moab today and may come home that way.

I'd love to do White Rim, but four-leggeds aren't allowed.
Yeah that's the downside... You could definitely go down Chicken Corners and into the Needles (I believe). Have a good trip!