Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I cut this out of the paper yesterday. The cat got hold of it before I could take a picture of it (hence the tear).

Ever been accused of this?

Today is 28 June. We start our mental illness enabling trip 28 July - one month from today. Looking forward to hitting the trail!

camping comic (2).jpg

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Here's a better picture of the comic strip (pulled off the internet) if you want to save it for whatever reason. If only I could edit the word "camping" to "overlanding". Oh well....

camping comic.3.PNG

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I disagree I don’t deprive myself when overlanding just the opposite I receive GREAT pleasure form it

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Oh yes - camping and "roughing it" are not the same thing. I like my comforts.

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I got 15 days before I leave for this great adventure just finished my home made rock sliders now to finish the sand rails mounting system, hope to see everyone real soon can’t wait, everyone drive safe see you soon

Reactions: armyRN

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
We've decided to do this trip next year, starting in mountain home, and going up to the Canadian border (and maybe even cross over). So I'm looking forward to what you think of the conditions, and the weather.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
We've decided to do this trip next year, starting in mountain home, and going up to the Canadian border (and maybe even cross over). So I'm looking forward to what you think of the conditions, and the weather.
Keep me in the loop!

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Serious question, and this is for my planning purposes. Are we going to be camping each night in a dispersed campground or a designated forest fee campground? Are there any nights we will be in a hotel (I'm fine if we don't just trying to budget)?

Also, I know there are stops along the way we can purchase groceries but are we going to be making many stops or any stops at cafes/diners for food?

Looking forward to the trip.

Reactions: SWLands

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
Serious question, and this is for my planning purposes. Are we going to be camping each night in a dispersed campground or a designated forest fee campground? Are there any nights we will be in a hotel (I'm fine if we don't just trying to budget)?

Also, I know there are stops along the way we can purchase groceries but are we going to be making many stops or any stops at cafes/diners for food?

These are good questions. I like dispersed camping, but when I do extended trips I like to get a hot shower and do some laundry roughly once a week. I will stop at a truck stop for that usually, but I am also usually travelling solo. In between I might hop in a river, or I do have a wee battery shower thingy and a shower tent. I have yet to actually use the tent, lol. Joys of dispersed and solo travel.

Today I finally finished my list of truck preps and I will head out Thursday on my way to meetup with my Bay Area group in Las Vegas on Saturday to explore Colorado before I break away to come join y'all.

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC

These are good questions. I like dispersed camping, but when I do extended trips I like to get a hot shower and do some laundry roughly once a week. I will stop at a truck stop for that usually, but I am also usually travelling solo. In between I might hop in a river, or I do have a wee battery shower thingy and a shower tent. I have yet to actually use the tent, lol. Joys of dispersed and solo travel.

Today I finally finished my list of truck preps and I will head out Thursday on my way to meetup with my Bay Area group in Las Vegas on Saturday to explore Colorado before I break away to come join y'all.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Serious question, and this is for my planning purposes. Are we going to be camping each night in a dispersed campground or a designated forest fee campground? Are there any nights we will be in a hotel (I'm fine if we wazdon't just trying to budget)?

Not sure where we'll be camping every night (it is part of the adventure). Depends on what's at the end of each segment, and what's available. Have you bought a paper map? It talks about each segment and what is at the end of each. Feel free to research it further for us.

Doubt any motels. Possibly a rare cafe meal, if we do it will be for dinner when we're done driving for the day.

Of course I want to stop for interesting stuff.

Reactions: Ubiety and SWLands

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Serious question, and this is for my planning purposes. Are we going to be camping each night in a dispersed campground or a designated forest fee campground? Are there any nights we will be in a hotel (I'm fine if we wazdon't just trying to budget)?

Not sure where we'll be camping every night (it is part of the adventure). Depends on what's at the end of each segment, and what's available. Have you bought a paper map? It talks about each segment and what is at the end of each. Feel free to research it further for us.

Doubt any motels. Possibly a rare cafe meal, if we do it will be for dinner when we're done driving for the day.

Of course I want to stop for interesting stuff.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Sometime after the IDBDR and before starting the “something else” we’ll have a laundry and restock half day.

And depending on when we finish the IDBDR it would be fun to have a celebratory meal together before some folks head home.

I’ve had a very busy summer so far, and I’m really looking forward to this adventure.

I’m about half way through my HAM Dummies book.

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I will be entering Jarbridge from the south. I will be camping around Deeth, Nevada on Tuesday the 26th and heading into Jarbridge on Wednesday the 27th, just curious to see if anyone is interested in camping with me on Tuesday

ctcv1984

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Rocklin, CA.
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Williams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YMR
I will be entering Jarbridge from the south. I will be camping around Deeth, Nevada on Tuesday the 26th and heading into Jarbridge on Wednesday the 27th, just curious to see if anyone is interested in camping with me on Tuesday
For what it's worth, I was planning to head to Deeth and then north from there on the 27th. I'm estimating I'll get into Deeth around 2pm-ish. Will that work for you?

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I don’t think that will work I’ll probably head to Jarbridge Wednesday morning sometime