Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well I searched pretty hard and couldn't find any current reviews other than the one on their site but decided to take a chance so we'll see! Ordered it today, looks like it will be coming from Oregon, company is based in Australia. It's the size I was looking for and has the separate compartments for fridge and freezer. I know it probably won't have the same features and quality as a Dometic but Dometic didn't have the size I wanted and was priced above what I was willing to pay for a "camping" refrigerator. I'll post up a full review once it arrives and I get to test it out. In the meantime anyone here had experience with Icebox Refrigerators?

Ironman 4x4 Ice Cube dual-zone, twin compartment off-road fridge and freezer 65L powered cooler

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Well I searched pretty hard and couldn't find any current reviews other than the one on their site but decided to take a chance so we'll see! Ordered it today, looks like it will be coming from Oregon, company is based in Australia. It's the size I was looking for and has the separate compartments for fridge and freezer. I know it probably won't have the same features and quality as a Dometic but Dometic didn't have the size I wanted and was priced above what I was willing to pay for a "camping" refrigerator. I'll post up a full review once it arrives and I get to test it out. In the meantime anyone here had experience with Icebox Refrigerators?

Ironman 4x4 Ice Cube dual-zone, twin compartment off-road fridge and freezer 65L powered cooler
I like it but it's pretty pricey for my pocketbook. No chance your other ref will make ice when set on it's coldest setting ?

You can buy an awful lot of ice for $900 !
Mighty nice though.

Reactions: Viking1204

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I've heard that Iron man USA has awesome customer service, and have experienced it a bit myself (I have a 10 gallon water tank from them). From my understanding, they stand behind everything they sell. If you do have an issue with the fridge, I'm sure they'll get you taken care of.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I like it but it's pretty pricey for my pocketbook. No chance your other ref will make ice when set on it's coldest setting ?

You can buy an awful lot of ice for $900 !
Mighty nice though.
Yes, my current fridge will make and keep ice frozen but that's the problem, it's one or the other. I wanted a dual zone fridge with the ability to keep meats frozen while keeping my other foods and drinks from freezing on longer trips and yes having ice for more than a few days. I'll sell my current Costway fridge that I ended up getting for free and recoup some of my money. I've enjoyed the convenience of having a fridge in my truck and have now ordered a battery isolator so I can keep the fridge running for longer by charging my second battery with my truck's alternator. Eventually I'll be able to charge it via solar too once I can figure out how to mount my solar panel on my truck permanently as an air dam for my RTT. It annoys me that roof racks/bars seem to be standard on most SUV's but not on a 4 door pickup.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

It nice there are so many options now out there. I like the one zone refrigerator/freezer best for my use. If I need both frozen foods and fresh, I do this. I set my fridge/ freezer set on freeze. Freeze one gallon jug of water and use that jug of Ice in my Canyon cooler to keep the contents cold. This works great for me. But to be honest, I don’t need a freezer while out on the trails, much and like the volume of the single zone fridge/ freezer size in a smaller package! I love my 40L. National Luna! Vance.

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

snomaster 1 and done. ironman just another knockoff of the snomaster, national luna. it will work but not as good/ efficient

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
Yes, my current fridge will make and keep ice frozen but that's the problem, it's one or the other. I wanted a dual zone fridge with the ability to keep meats frozen while keeping my other foods and drinks from freezing on longer trips and yes having ice for more than a few days. I'll sell my current Costway fridge that I ended up getting for free and recoup some of my money. I've enjoyed the convenience of having a fridge in my truck and have now ordered a battery isolator so I can keep the fridge running for longer by charging my second battery with my truck's alternator. Eventually I'll be able to charge it via solar too once I can figure out how to mount my solar panel on my truck permanently as an air dam for my RTT. It annoys me that roof racks/bars seem to be standard on most SUV's but not on a 4 door pickup.
I'll be happy to pay you what you paid for it. I'll even pay the freight to get it to Florida. :blush:

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
He neighbor, nice to see more locals on here. Sold my old (free) fridge for $200 some time ago!
I figured as much, but I just couldn't resist a chance to be a smartass. :grinning: BTW, I could be wrong but you're probably Scott Six, no? I'm Larry Jorgensen, friend of Chris Riffle. Are you the right person I'm thinking of?