Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Iam very sorry to everybody who was willing to come to that Rally Point and didnt find somebody, just like I did.
Well, some bad things can happen and even as Iam not to blame, as far as I know, nobody is to blame. But this thing went really wrong.

We went from our place in the eastern part of the Netherlands to Zeeland. A 230km drive, and arrived a bit late on the location as mentioned. We drove around but couldnt find nobody.
Then we checked the second possible location and again, no one there. I was counting on around 3 to 4 Rigs with some people in it.
That is what Alex @the Dutch Wanderer had told me. Plus some people who reacted on the Rally Point page.
So, after I did some calling, I received word from Alex his Wife that he was fallen ill and that the whole thing was canceled.
I wasnt pleased, but hey, what can you do?
Some he did call, soem did call him. And as I didnt hear a thing from anyone by phone, I was thinking of what to do.
After about an hour we left and went back towards our home.
It was around 19.00 to 19.30. And I had no calls what so ever from anyone, so I asumed nobody would come.
Good, we went back and stayed the night on a campsite. Had our little bbq ourselves and that was it.

But, I feel responcible, because I did put up the Rally Point, because Alex asked me so. And Iam Always willing to help out.
So, my name was on that RP so, for that, Iam very sorry.
In normal cases, you can believe me that my Rally Points are genuine.

I hope Alex will tell us how he is now, and hopefully his health has improved much.

Greetings from Robert

ALNSM_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meulan, FRANCE
Member #

Hey, don't feel sorry !
About me, I was aware of this meeting the day before! so it was a little late for me to prepare that.
But it would be a pleasure to have an OB meeting with you one day!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

we will end up in Verdun as far as the plan is now. We are doing a easy but nice trip from Commercy to Verdun.
Think we will do a one day trip around Verdun and sightseeing Verdun.
So I have around 5 other days to fill with some lanes in that part of France. Looking for them now. But we would like to have some easy days as well.
Because we did move house recently and need some rest. So, there will be some short and circular trips and just being on the campsite doing some Outdoor cooking.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I'll join as soon as my car has passed its safetycheck next summer! :D

the Dutch Wanderer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Koudekerke, The Netherlands
First Name
Alex
Last Name
de Witte
Member #

So here I am and sorry for all the folks I disappointed, let’s say my entrance in this group is no representation of the man I believe to be.

Let me try to explain, I went friday afternoon/evening for a little tour with my dog and inspect the BBQ site for saturday.
After a swim with my dog we ate a tosti at a small cafe in the area went home and after a few hours began feeling a little unrest in my stomach. Went to bed a the next morning feeling sick. Not so sick to stay in bed my wife went to work an actually that’s it.
My wife came home around 1730 and found me on the couch with a fever of 40 degrees so she tried to unlock my phone to call some people (Robert OB) because I failed to write it on paper or share it with her ( lesson learned she has access now).
She than drove to the BBQ site to meet with some of you but apparently she drove to soon away from the BBQ site because Robert was there and I think my wife just left anyway when she was home she saw that I had missed calls so she somehow forced me to open the phone on which she could contact Robert.