Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

I haven't really seen any reviews out there for the new Icon Delta Joints, so I thought that I would share my experiences so far. If you haven't heard of the Delta Joint, it's a high strength, high angle greasable ball joint meant to replace the uniball in Icon upper control arms. They advertise the Delta Joint to actually have a higher pull out strength than the uniball and it is metal on metal with a grease zerk, so no more worn out teflon sockets. They sell the Delta Joint as a retrofit to their uniball ucas or you can buy the ucas with them already installed. My motivation for ditching the uniball was the constant mind numbing creaking in the front of my Tacoma. I am very strict about maintenance and detail oriented and I could not keep them quiet for more than a day or two. I used the $45 aluminum caps as soon as I installed them, kept everything spotless, then eventually tried tri flow as recommended on the instruction sheet from Icon, contradicting their other instructions to not lube them. Nothing worked, until I ordered a pair of Delta Joints and threw the uniballs away. They were not super easy to swap out on the truck, and if I have to do it again I would pull the ucas out, but it worked. The tool they sell to press them in is over priced and was too long for my ball Joint press so I made my own which was easy and free, I also made the tool for removing the uniball since I forgot to order it. I would definitely recommend skipping the tools and make your own if you have a welder and want to save $100. That being said, the billet aluminum ucas do have a specific tool that's included with the standard install tool, and you definitely will want it if you have those ucas. I've been running the Delta joints for a few weeks now and have done a couple of very rocky trail runs completely flexing them out all day and I drive the same vehicle to work everyday and haven't heard anything from them. The steering with the uniball always seemed stiffer to me, even after they broke in, so another bonus is that the steering feels like new again too. I got mine from John at Poly Performance and received excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Based on your write up and other write ups and info I got, I ordered a set of Delta Joints to go with our Icon lift. Im gonna swap them out when we install the lift. I'm excited!

Reactions: Kanobee and 000