Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I made a mount for my hilift several months ago, still unpainted, still haven't put the quick fists on for shovel and axe yet either. IMG_0111.JPG

Reactions: 000

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

1018 Steel T-Slot Nut, Black Oxide Finish, Grade 5, Tapped Through, 3/8"-16 Threads, 5/8" Height, 9/16" Slot Depth, Made in US (Pack of 5)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Anyone know of a cheaper option? The ones I found at HD [which don't fit correctly] were about a buck a piece. I don't really want to pay $5/each just for a T-nut if there are other options out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using OB Talk mobile app

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

It’d be pretty cheap to get some flat stock close enough and grind it to fit then drill and tap it for whatever size fastener you wanted.

I'd love to but I live in an area where there aren't many options for buying metal stock. I was thinking about trying to grind down the ones I got from HD, but wanted to avoid that. I only have a hand angle grinder and no vice so not sure best way to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

Cole McClung

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

I never thought of using wood for this, but it’s a great idea! Cheap, easy, and won’t scrape up the bedsides etc. You could even take it a step further and mount a wood panel the length of the rail this way and screw all sorts of things to it, like a flashlight mount, etc... you’ve got me thinking now...

I like the whole side idea. SO MUCH room for Activities!

Dcwn.45

Rank IV

Member I

Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Nyman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0GNE
4A6FE21C-9800-46A9-BBC1-9C13713EA67F.jpeg I mounted a pc of 3/4 plywood to the front rail of my Tacoma, I mount a shovel,hi-lift, and I made a bracket for my Tred boards.
I have since made a much better bungee system for the Treds.

Little Big Bear

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

I'd love to but I live in an area where there aren't many options for buying metal stock. I was thinking about trying to grind down the ones I got from HD, but wanted to avoid that. I only have a hand angle grinder and no vice so not sure best way to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app
geekyadam, I see this post was from November and not sure you found a solution yet but try McMaster Carr, good source for teenuts and raw stock. For raw metals I also use Online Metals all the time. They will sell you Any thing from inches to feet at a reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app