Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

So I figure a update is in order.
Over the last couple of months I tackled a few issues I wanted to deal with on the Rebel
2016 Ram Rebel. I have had it since June of 2020.
I first added a bed slide, used
then a spacer lift up front (daystar)
then I built a hidden winch mount
Picked up a cap this spring used (I am cheap)
then began to just use it for camping.
Worked great, but notice the ride was crappy
this rebel was air deleted by the dealership I bought it from, which was a big selling point for me. Unfortunately, the dealership used the worst/cheapest ready struts found on earth. I noticed the nose dropping back down, which I assumed was from the weight of the winch.
so into research mode I went (my poor wife)
I decided to just replace the front struts with 3" rough country N3 struts. installed and holy cow what a difference in ride.
I notice when I removed the struts that were maybe 1.5 years old the built in bump stop was split, that aint a good sign
I also noticed that my upper ball joints didnt look so good and again research mode engaged, (again poor wife)
so I then looked at replacing the rear Bilstein's
again I went with the rough country N3, and again great shock great price
at the same time I ordered the rough country upper arms.
so thats the suspension taken care of

this past friday I had the duratracs 285/70r17 replaced with BFG all terrains 285/75r17,( I installed wheel spacers, just in case they tires didnt clear the a arms)
and I consider this beasty pretty much complete (till I come up with some other hair brained idea) and ready for what ever shenanigan's my Wife and I throw at it,RC parts.jpgNew shoes.jpg

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Well, here is my Ram, just purchased last week. 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Edition, 6'4" bed and the 5.7 Hemi. Let the games begin!

I'm not loving the look of the wheels (and they're 20's) and I need some AT tires as I live in the mountains so that will be the first mod of many.....

PXL_20211106_213932805.jpg

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
View attachment 182437
This is my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie. Looking forward to the project.
Current Mods:
-2.5” RC leveling kit
-2” RC wheel spacers
-35x12.50r20 BFG KO2
-Hooke Road roof rack with lights
-Craftsman full size tool box

The lights came with the rack and they aren’t the best ones out there. Looking to eventually replace them with Rigid lights.
Future mods:
-1.5” body lift
-Rear roof rack mounted led lights
-ARE camper shell
-various roof rack accessories
-etc..
when you drilled for the Hooke Road roof rack did you lower the headliner? or did you count on everything being in the correct place.

Jack Houston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Not the best picture but here’s my 2011 1500 post-fenderbender/excuse to get a new bumper. I already have a RTT that we use for easy car camping. I’m looking to get into real overlanding this year though (if you’re in the DMV area send me a message).

Current plans:

Wheels/Tires
Winch. I’ll need to fab a mount somehow though since my bumper isn’t winch ready.
It needs a decent amount of paint/body work so I plan on Raptor Lining whole thing instead of repainting.

I’m not sure what else yet. I have a tick that I’m pretty confident is from the headers so maybe shortys and possibly a tuner to disable the MDS.

Attachments

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

2018 Ram 2500 Cummins leveling kit fox 2.0 with resi, Carli sway bar, Carli track, Synergy Tie Rod and Drag Link, Amp Steps. Leer bed cap is for sale about a yr old no scratches or damage like new, frameless windows, roof rack mounts, interior factory carpet and light. Anyone interested can contact me. Thx

Attachments

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
Hey Ram Crew, I am trying to find a reputable bumper manufacturer but I am quite lost. Seems most are junk or too flashy. I'd like something to improve the approach angle (after following some jeeps around) that I can also put a winch in. Any recommendations?

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Army 11b: veteran
Hey Ram Crew, I am trying to find a reputable bumper manufacturer but I am quite lost. Seems most are junk or too flashy. I'd like something to improve the approach angle (after following some jeeps around) that I can also put a winch in. Any recommendations?
AEV has a great bumper that isn't bulky like the Hammerheads. As a matter of fact it's one of the ones I'm considering. GL!

Reactions: NCFireGuy

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I have been looking a lot at the expedition-one. I think they look awesome, and the rear have a dual swing out for additional gear (spare tire, fuel cans, etc.)

Reactions: NCFireGuy

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
Those expeditions ones look great! Rear bumper with the swing out looks awesome too! I went with a hitch mounted Ultra swing for about half the price since I already have fuel and water set up.

Looks likes AEV doesn't have bumpers for my little 1500!
The Addictive Desert Designs Stealth bumper damn good but all optioned out we are talking $6200!

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Ogden, Utah 84403, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

Look into Chassis Unlimited. We have the Octane winch bumper on our 1500 and really like it.