AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Hey, great minds think alike. I had been lurking here awhile, and decided to join so I could communicate with the community.

Didn't get much interest in my threads at the truck forums about "overlanding" so I figured I would try this out.

Nice to see you here.
I figured I won't get crap about cutting up my bumper or scratching my paint on bushes over on this forum lol

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
By the way @AnthonyD1978 I really liked the bumper mod and the winch. Takes some nerves to cut into a new truck, but you knew what you needed and did what had to be done.

Alot of guys appreciate what you learned, and the info will hopefully help someone understand why there are different options for different trucks, cause alot of guys there do not get it.

Contributor III

Bremerton WA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Singer
Service Branch
USN
You just broke my heart. What did you do with the LRD3 ?
Had to trade it in. 140,000 miles and I had replaced the engine, all the air suspension, most of the bushings, the catalytic converters and then it developed a rather bad exhaust leak at the manifold and my wife said i couldn’t spend any more money on her. She had spent 6 years in Hawaii then shipped to Maine then drove cross country to Seattle by way of Pikes Peek. She never let me down or stranded, but she was getting to be a little to heavy in the pocket book. I do miss her but it is nice not to worry about what’s going to break next.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Wish I had come across her in my search for an LRD, I did find my LRD2 for a good price from the original owner but he had never done anything to it except normal maintenance. Bad thing was he didn't fix anything unless it kept the vehicle from running which was nothing. Good thing was that he used it for travel only and only had 101,000 miles on it. Bad thing is that's about how far they go before needing something major.

Dentedvw

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Utah
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ramsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EYT
Looks rough at the moment, but it's getting there. Building a budget Earthroamer type truck.

subframe1small.jpg

bumperinstalledsmall.jpg

fridgeslide1small.jpg

Ram5500, 4x4.
Box is in driveway next to truck, currently undergoing surgery. Chipping away at it slowly, slowly.

BJ_OTR

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fountain Valley, Ca
First Name
Bert
Last Name
Mekpongsatorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREZ604
Betsy, my 2016 Ram 2500
Lots of work done on her including
- nuthouse industries nutzo 2 rack
- Ikamper skycamp 2
- Alu can 270 awning
- 2 100 watt solar panels on the roof
- 2 125 amp hour batteries in the bed
- dometic CFX 95
- ramp for my boys (Thor & LOKI) to get up into the tent

0469AFC8-D90A-4F27-8CD2-D597E87F519E.jpeg0469AFC8-D90A-4F27-8CD2-D597E87F519E.jpeg1F7D070E-9F87-47EC-B412-A4E64CC6E4FF.jpegA4A571AA-47BC-45CA-AC89-BE3DD7C7D7D5.jpegA458184C-56CB-4FC5-B0A2-3FE512E41696.jpeg557F9DDA-F5BE-4C56-8643-75A3AE726883.jpeg

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Betsy, my 2016 Ram 2500
Lots of work done on her including
- nuthouse industries nutzo 2 rack
- Ikamper skycamp 2
- Alu can 270 awning
- 2 100 watt solar panels on the roof
- 2 125 amp hour batteries in the bed
- dometic CFX 95
- ramp for my boys (Thor & LOKI) to get up into the tent

View attachment 136548View attachment 136548View attachment 136549View attachment 136550View attachment 136551View attachment 136552
What's going on with the weird rear bumper. Looks like it's designed to swing in and out at the center section. Closed it would cover the license plate !

BJ_OTR

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fountain Valley, Ca
First Name
Bert
Last Name
Mekpongsatorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREZ604
What's going on with the weird rear bumper. Looks like it's designed to swing in and out at the center section. Closed it would cover the license plate !
Are you sure you’re looking at my Rig? That’s a fab fours rear bumper. No swinging at all, I am however looking into an expedition one bumper to free up the spare tire for more storage space.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Are you sure you’re looking at my Rig? That’s a fab fours rear bumper. No swinging at all, I am however looking into an expedition one bumper to free up the spare tire for more storage space.
Okay I see it better now. I was looking at it on my Kendal and I had an optical illusion when it was a small picture. I see it now and it is a very geometrical design and goes very well with your rig. I bet it set you back a bundle. The bumpers I'm looking at for my rig are much more simple and the still want way to much for them at $1200. Thanks for all the pics of your rig, I have an old 1984 I love. I think I posted a pic awhile back.

Reactions: BJ_OTR