Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.

S

SubeeBen

Get a different top. You have a lemon. I purchased my wife & I both 2016 Jeep jku’s in April. My top leaked unbelievably wife’s Jeep nothing. Fought with Carl burger dodge located in la Mesa Ca for months after being in the shop over 15 times I got an attorney & sewed the hell out of Chrysler as I claimed my Jeep was my work vehicle which was actually at the time. Jeep knows about it but they sell to many to care or to change. I researched this for months believe me until I came to the conclusion of attorney & getting a nice fat check from Chrysler . Then I went & bought a 2017 Jku, & Chrysler paid for my lift & most of my customizations ha ha. Another thought I had was rhino lining the top. Or some type of coating. By any chance do you have the cb mount that attaches to the footman loop on the top of windsheild ?

Darthwj913

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.
Hey, I have dealt with all kinds of jk water leaks when I was a tech maybe I can be of some assistance. I didn't see a pict but i am guessing that when u say tub you mean the body. Is that correct? If I cant help maybe I know someone here at the shop that has seen it before. Cheers!

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Get a different top. You have a lemon. I purchased my wife & I both 2016 Jeep jku’s in April. My top leaked unbelievably wife’s Jeep nothing. Fought with Carl burger dodge located in la Mesa Ca for months after being in the shop over 15 times I got an attorney & sewed the hell out of Chrysler as I claimed my Jeep was my work vehicle which was actually at the time. Jeep knows about it but they sell to many to care or to change. I researched this for months believe me until I came to the conclusion of attorney & getting a nice fat check from Chrysler . Then I went & bought a 2017 Jku, & Chrysler paid for my lift & most of my customizations ha ha. Another thought I had was rhino lining the top. Or some type of coating. By any chance do you have the cb mount that attaches to the footman loop on the top of windsheild ?
I do not , factory hardtop .