I need a ladder for my roof top tent. Ideas?

• HTML tutorial

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Update: solved. Thanks yall

I recently purchased a used Bigfoot explorer series roof top tent and it is missing the ladder and mounting hardware. Any ideas on where to obtain such items are much appreciated.
(The tale of how I obtained this amazing deal on my build thread)

Last edited:

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

I have a spare I could sell you.... its a standard slide style ladder off a CVT... PM if interested.

What’s the story? Spill it!!!

James
Thanks James. Pm inbound

Coppied from my build thread...
I found a used Bigfoot hard shell tent online today. He was asking $1300 FIRM. I offered him my Napier truck bed tent (camo edition) and $1000. His reply verbatim "Throw in the ps3 and the tactical vest. And come pick it up for 1000" (he saw these on my listings for sale) he also said if I pick it up today he will take off 50, I agreed and made the short trip to check it out.

Upon inspection I found the ladder missing. He called his friend (whom he was selling it for) and he said if its not there its gone. So he then called the manufacturer and supossedly they told him it's like $30. So he knocked another fifty off. Cool, now we're at $800 plus the other items.

We were just about to shake on it when I realized I didn't see any mounting hardware. So I called the manufacturer and they said they don't sell them but could work something out, would be 100-150 and take about 4-6 weeks. Eesh, so I relay the info and tell the guy, all things considered I will do the trade plus $600... he says yes. But it gets better... I pop the hatch to show him the trade items. Showed him the Blackhawk cross draw tactical vest and how it adjusts. Then i grabbed the Napier truck bed tent and he says "oh I was hopping to get the PS3 instead." (I was under the impression that the tent was going to be part of the deal as well as the vest and PlayStation but nope) so we shake and load it on top of my cargo basket. Done deal
Freaking SCORE.

$600 + a PlayStation I never use and a tactical vest I bought in 2004.
All I got to do is figure out a ladder system, mounts and put a new mattress (have a thing about used mattresses, the idea grosses me out)

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

That is hilarious!!!

I love scoring used roof top tents... we got one of ours for $250, and the other for $300... a Tepui and a CVT.

I’ll check my PMs and get right back to you.

James

Reactions: SiDbaru

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

so does anyone have recommendations for ladders, my Alu-Cab came with a fixed ladder and it's not long enough, not sure about which to go with sliding or telescopic.
I was looking at some telescoping ones as a potential option. Still not sure what will work.

I'm going to utilize the lift hoist at work today to lift the tent off the basket rack so I can remove the basket and lay the tent onto the cross rails. Still need to work out some mounts/brackets.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

I have extra brackets for a roof top tent, and a sliding ladder. Give me a call and we can work through the details and i can text you pics... I sent my phone number to you in a PM.

James

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

so does anyone have recommendations for ladders, my Alu-Cab came with a fixed ladder and it's not long enough, not sure about which to go with sliding or telescopic.
Siding ladders are the base model, and work fine for average weight people. Telescoping ladders are more heavy duty, athough heavier.

James

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

This has been solved.

The mounts are finished thanks to home depot and some spare axle bearing carriers.
Going to source a telescoping ladder.
Thanks for all your help.