First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7 OQK
Hello All,
I just joined and downloaded the app for my phone. My wife and I are driving a unmodified (at this time) 2006 LX470. We come from 2 decades of running VW vans. This year we have closed the Volkswagon chapter and picked up "Elsie" and have our eyes on a Ford Transit but at a pace that that will take awhile. For now we are focusing on Elsie. She will not be a rock crawler but a very capable dirt touring traveler. Look forward to meeting a few people.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello All,
I just joined and downloaded the app for my phone. My wife and I are driving a unmodified (at this time) 2006 LX470. We come from 2 decades of running VW vans. This year we have closed the Volkswagon chapter and picked up "Elsie" and have our eyes on a Ford Transit but at a pace that that will take awhile. For now we are focusing on Elsie. She will not be a rock crawler but a very capable dirt touring traveler. Look forward to meeting a few people.
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us. Most of us are not rock crawlers and we do just fine.

Reactions: Dream470

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,
Hello Ryan, welcome to you and your wife to the OB community.

Reactions: Michael Golden

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello All,
Welcome.... when I was a kid I dreamt of touring in a VW van!

Dream470

Rank III
Investor

Traveler III

Shelton, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7 OQK
It was alot of fun. Always a head turner when we would pull into camp or be at a National Park. However, no mater how much we invested in her, there always seemed to be a mechanical issue to deal with on each road trip. Great learning lessons but now we are ready for reliable fun.

Reactions: Michael

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Hello All,
Welcome Dream470! you have a solid rig to start building from. I'm envious of the availability of bolt-on parts compared to my full-size truck. (not complaining, just an observation!)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
Welcome to Overland Bound
I like the VW van, most people don't realize what it can actually do. But the 470 is comfortable.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition tiers Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information is @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Coreymol

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @ is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Dream470

Rank III
Investor

Traveler III

Shelton, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7 OQK
Hello All,
Welcome to Overland Bound
I like the VW van, most people don't realize what it can actually do. But the 470 is comfortable.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition tiers Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information is @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Kent
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I too have been impressed with the VW capability in different terrains. If I had a synco I don’t know if I would have looked for anything different.