I am as new as you can get [emoji15]

• HTML tutorial

blkzilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello all !

I am in Northern California/Bay Area and I have 2 kids 6&8 and my wife and I want to start taking them camping off the beaten path but places we can tow a trailer and set up camp every other weekend

Anyone willing to share some of the cool spots I could start ?

Azikiwee Anderson
Blackzilla@mac.com

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

I lived in Santa Rosa, just north of Frisco, for years and can say there is a lot of camping near Calistoga and a little further north near Clear Lake and Ukiah. You also have the entire Tahoe area within a couple of hours drive. I used to ride mountain bikes up there all the time and would camp throughout that area.

The beauty about overlanding is that you can go just about anywhere and make an overnighter out of it. Muir Woods, Lake Mendocino, Gold country, the coast etc. All are fun little adventures especially with kids. Northern California is an awesome outdoors destination. Enjoy.

blkzilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

I lived in Santa Rosa, just north of Frisco, for years and can say there is a lot of camping near Calistoga and a little further north near Clear Lake and Ukiah. You also have the entire Tahoe area within a couple of hours drive. I used to ride mountain bikes up there all the time and would camp throughout that area.

The beauty about overlanding is that you can go just about anywhere and make an overnighter out of it. Muir Woods, Lake Mendocino, Gold country, the coast etc. All are fun little adventures especially with kids. Northern California is an awesome outdoors destination. Enjoy.
Thanks

Azikiwee Anderson
Blackzilla@mac.com

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hey, welcome to the forum . There is knoxville an cow mountain north of you. There is the Mendocino mountain assuming there open.

How big of a trailer?

Reactions: blkzilla

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

I don't really know any camping areas in NorCal but when I'm looking for a place to go camping I'll usually check out the national parks to see what's open. They usually have spots that are a bit secluded and private.

Reactions: blkzilla