Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Great. A very very nice car the Range Rover Classic. Too bad what JLR announced yesterday regarding the brand.

Reactions: Landy-Lee83

Landy-Lee83

Rank IV

Explorer I

Derby, City Of Derby, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Mellors
Member #

Great. A very very nice car the Range Rover Classic. Too bad what JLR announced yesterday regarding the brand.
Thank you!

Yeh i have herd mixed reports on the whole dropping the Land Rover name thing. I think the media have put a bit of spin on the whole thing TBH. I believe the cars will still have the Land Rover badge but in marketing they will be referred to as the Defender, Ranger Rover etc etc a bit like what Chevrolet did with the Corvette

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Nice looking Classic - maybe one day .... when I've run out of other projects :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

LR not doing anything different to what they've been doing for several years now. Been calling themselves JLR for a long time and using model names for some time. The green oval will remain, just a bit less obvious. They own the rights to the name and are never going to give it up.
As you say - media hype and spin.....

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Sadly I live in a cul-de-sac with room on my drive for 2 bigger vehicles (Defender & Camper) and my neighbours already complain about the 4 vehicles we have without me adding another.
But one day when I get the house with the big steading who knows unless her who must be obeyed says no ;-) but first I will do a full rebuild on our Defender.

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
The media never let the truth get in the way of a good story..the oval will remain in some way or another its a global icon and we'll they know that's why they're fiercely possessive of it. Copyright etc.
I've 2 sat on my drive and I can't see a day when there won't be at least one.